- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Rabbit IgG
- WB, IP
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- The antibodies are stable for 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20C to -70C. The antibodies can be stored at 2C to 8C for three month without detectable loss of activity.
Avoid repeated freezing thawing cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-177402 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to the epitope ATSPA with a single phosphorylation site Ser 312 of Human IRS-1.
- The Rabbit IgG is purified by Site-specific Epitope Affinity Purification.
- Printable datasheet for Rabbit Anti-IRS-1 Antibody (Phospho-Ser 312)OAAI00339
- This antibody recognizes ~165 kDa of Human IRS-1 (pSer312). It also reacts with Mouse and Rat. The other species are not tested.
- Application Info:
- Positive Control: CHO Cell Lysate
Western Blot: 0.1-1 μg/ml
ELISA: 0.01-0.1 μg/ml
IP: 2-5 μg/ml
IHC: 0.5-2 μg/ml
- Target Reference:
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45304–45307
- Official Gene Full Name:
- insulin receptor substrate 1
- Alias Symbols:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Description of Target:
- Insulin Receptor SubstRate-1 (IRS-1), 165 kDa cytoplasmic docking protein, is one of the major endogenous substRates of the insulin receptor kinase. IRS-1 contains multiple tyrosine phosphorylation motifs that serve as docking sites for SH2 domain containing proteins, which mediate the metabolic and growth promoting functions of insulin. IRS-1 also contains over 30 potential serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Ser312 of IRS-1 is phosphorylated by JNK and IKK and Ser789 is phosphorylated by SIK-2, a member of AMPK family. The phosphorylation of Tyr612 and Ser636/639 is mediated by the PKC and mTOR pathways, respectively and phosphorylation at Ser1101 is mediated by PKC, resulting in an inhibition of insulin signaling in the cell, sμggesting a potential mechanism for insulin resistance in some models of obesity.
- Molecular Weight:
- 165 kDa
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IRS1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IRS1.