- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Bovine, Dog, Gerbil, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Pig
- EM, ICC, IF, IHC, IP, WB
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Long Term Storage : -20C
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Heat shock protein beta-1
- Alias Symbols:
- CMT2F, HMN2B, HSP27, HSP28, Hsp25, SRP27, HS.76067, HEL-S-102,
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-1048 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Hsp25 is a member of the family of small heat shock proteins (sHsps), an evolutionarily conserved family of stress proteins which exhibit moleclular weights between 14-45 kDa. The sHsps are related to the alpha-crystallins, and generally exist as large oligomeric complexes that serve to stabilize and assist in refolding of denatured proteins. Hsp25 is highly homologous to the human Hsp27, and its expression is seen in many species, including mouse, rat, bovine, canine, and hamster cells.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HSPB1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HSPB1.
- Recombinant mouse Hsp25.
- Printable datasheet for Anti-HSP25 Antibody (OAED00168)OAED00168
- Recognizes human, mouse, rat, bovine, dog, gerbil, guinea pig, hamster, and pig HSP25. Detects a band of ~25kDa by Western blot.
- Liquid. In PBS, pH 7.2, containing 50% glycerol and 0.09% sodium azide.
- Protein A affinity purified.
- Application Info:
- Electron Microscopy
Western Blot (1:1000, colorimetric)
Optimal conditions must be determined individually for each application.
- Target Reference:
- A novel mouse model with impaired dynein/dynactin function develops amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)-like features in motor neurons and improves lifespan in SOD1-ALS mice: D. Jaarsma, et al. ; Hum. Mol. Genet. 17, 2849 (2008), Application(s): IF using mouse tissue, Abstract;
Autoantibodies in the Autoimmune Disease Pemphigus Foliaceus Induce Blistering via p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase-Dependent Signaling in the Skin: D. Rubenstein, et al. ; Am. J. Pathol. 173, 1628 (2008), Application(s): WB using human tissue, Abstract;
Cell dynamics in the pulpal healing process following cavity preparation in rat molars: H. Ohshima, et al. ; Histochem. Cell Biol. 130, 773 (2008), Application(s): IHC, EM using rat tissue, Abstract;
Neuronal expression of constitutive heat shock proteins: implications for neurodegenerative diseases: I. Brown, et al. ; Cell Stress Chaperones 12, 51 (2007), Application(s): WB, IF using rat tissue, Abstract;
Gender differences in the expression of heat shock proteins: the effect of estrogen: A.A. Knowlton, et al. ; Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 285, H687 (2003), Application(s): WB using rat samples, Abstract;
Hsp27 associates with actin and limits injury in energy depleted renal epithelia: N.J. Siegel, et al. ; J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 13, 98 (2003), Application(s): WB using porcine samples, Abstract;
17-beta-estradiol induces heat shock proteins in brain arteries and potentiates ischemic heat shock protein induction in glia and neurons: F.R. Sharp, et al. ; J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 22, 183 (2002), Application(s): IHC using rat & gerbil samples, Abstract;
Stress-mediated signaling in PC12 cells - the role of the small heat shock protein, Hsp27, and Akt in protecting cells from heat stress and nerve growth factor withdrawal: C. Yegappan, et al. ; J. Neurochem. 83, 452 (2002), Application(s): IP using human samples, Abstract;
Crosstalk between p38, Hsp25 and Akt in spinal motor neurons after sciatic nerve injury: D.J. Wolgemuth, et al. ; Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 93, 199 (2001), Application(s): ICC, IP, WB, IHC using mouse samples, Abstract;
Role of p38 MAP kinase in endothelial cell alignment induced by fluid shear stress: B.E. Sumpio, et al. ; Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 280, H189 (2001), Application(s): WB using bovine samples, Abstract;