- Official Gene Full Name:
- cyclin E1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-170464 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Cyclin B1 is a regulatory protein involved in mitosis. Like all cyclins, levels of cyclin B1 oscillate over the course of the cell cycle. Just prior to mitosis, a large amount of cyclin B1 is present in the cell, but it is inactive due to phosphorylation of Cdk1 by the Wee1 kinase. The complex is activated by dephosphorylation by the phosphatase Cdc25. Once cyclin B1-Cdk1 is activated, it remains stably active for the rest of mitosis. At the end of mitosis, cyclin B1 is targeted for degradation by the APC throμgh its APC localization sequence permitting to exit mitosis. Cyclin B1/Cdc2 complexes, which appear to be constitutively cytoplasmic during interphase, actually shuttle continually into and out of the nucleus, with the Rate of nuclear export exceeding the import Rate. Cell growth prior to cell division is restricted by the activity of cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1)/cyclin B1 complexes. Cdk1/cyclin B1 activity shields Human cells against extrinsic death stimuli and unravel the molecular details of the cross talk between cell cycle and extrinsic apoptotic pathways.
- Molecular Weight:
- 62 kDa
- The Rabbit IgG is purified by Epitope Affinity Purification.
- IHC, WB, IP, IF
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CCNE1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CCNE1.
- A synthetic peptide derived from C-terminus of Human cyclin B1 protein.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- The antibodies are stable for 12 months from date of receipt when stored at -20C to -70C. The antibodies can be stored at 2C to 8C for three month without detectable loss of activity.
Avoid repeated freezing thawing cycles.
- Printable datasheet for Rabbit Anti-Cyclin E Polyclonal AntibodyOAAI00205
- This antibody recognizes 62 kDa of Cyclin B1 Protein. It reacts with Human, Mouse and Rat. The other species are not tested.
- Rabbit IgG
- Application Info:
- Positive Control: Carcinoma
Western Blot: 0.1-1 μg/ml
ELISA: 0.01-0.1 μg/ml
IP: 2-5 μg/ml
- Target Reference:
- Miyazaki, T. Arai, S. Two distinct controls of mitotic cdk1/cyclin B1 activity requisite for cell growth prior to cell division. Cell Cycle. 6(12):1419-25 (2007).
Berry LD, Gould KL. "Regulation of Cdc2 activity by phosphorylation at T14/Y15". Prog Cell Cycle Res 2: 99–105 (1996).
Yang J, Song H, Walsh S, Bardes ES, Kornbluth S. "Combinatorial control of cyclin B1 nuclear trafficking throμgh phosphorylation at multiple sites". J. Biol. Chem. 276 (5): 3604–9 (2001).