- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse, Rabbit
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-135330 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human AMOTL1
- Affinity Purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 93%; Dog: 79%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-AMOTL1 (ARP42927_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: LTQEDPQMVYQSARQEPQGQEHQVDNTVMEKQVRSTQPQQNNEELPTYEE
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-AMOTL1 (ARP42927_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP42927 (Previous Catalog # AAPS13102)
- Printable datasheet for anti-AMOTL1 (ARP42927_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Mehrle,A., Nucleic Acids Res. 34 (DATABASE ISSUE), D415-D418 (2006)
Skouloudaki, K. & Walz, G. YAP1 recruits c-Abl to protect angiomotin-like 1 from Nedd4-mediated degradation. PLoS One 7, e35735 (2012). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse, Rabbit 22558212
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Angiomotin like 1
- Alias Symbols:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Angiomotin-like protein 1
- Description of Target:
- AMOTL1 is a peripheral membrane protein that is a component of tight junctions or TJs. TJs form an apical junctional structure and act to control paracellular permeability and maintain cell polarity. This protein is related to angiomotin, an angiostatin binding protein that regulates endothelial cell migration and capillary formation.The protein encoded by this gene is a peripheral membrane protein that is a component of tight junctions or TJs. TJs form an apical junctional structure and act to control paracellular permeability and maintain cell polarity. This protein is related to angiomotin, an angiostatin binding protein that regulates endothelial cell migration and capillary formation.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express AMOTL1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express AMOTL1.
- Protein Interactions:
- WWOX; SUZ12; NEDD4; HECW2; AMOT; LATS2; YAP1; LATS1; Wwtr1; UBC; Magi1; NEDD4L;
Tomasz J. Prószyński, PhD
Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology
Polish Academy of Sciences
1. Species and tissue/cell type used: Hela cells transfected with plasmids encoding mouse AMOTL1 or AMOTL1 or non-transfected.
2. Fixation method: 4% paraformaldehyde, 10min at RT
3. Primary antibody dilution: 1:200, 1h incubation at RT.
4. Secondary antibody and dilution: 1:500, 1h incubation at RT.
5. Protocol: HeLa cells were seeded at the coverslips in 24 well plate at 50 000 cell/well, incubated overnight and
subsequently transfected with plasmids encoding mouse Amotl1 protein. 24 hours after transfection cells were fixed with 4%PFA (in PBS), 10min at RT and preincubate in TBST (0,5% Triton X in PBS) containing 2%BSA and 2%NGS for 30min. Next cells were incubated with primary antibody (1:200 dilution) in TBST (0,2% Triton X in PBS) containing 2%BSA and 2%NGS for 1 hour, wash 3 times 5 min in PBS and incubated in secondary antibody (1:500 dilution) in TBST (0,2% Triton X in PBS) containing 2%BSA and 2%NGS for 45min. Eventually cells were washed 3 times 5min in PBS and mounted on the glass slide. Samples were then analyzed using confocal microscope.