- Official Gene Full Name:
- Arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase, type B
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the lipoxygenase family of structurally related nonheme iron dioxygenases involved in the production of fatty acid hydroperoxides. The encoded protein converts arachidonic acid exclusively to 15S-hydroperoxyeicosatetraenoic acid, while metabolizing linoleic acid less effectively. This gene is located in a cluster of related genes and a pseudogene that spans approximately 100 kilobases on the short arm of chromosome 17. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described.
- Protein Name:
- Arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase B
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue homogenates, Cell culture supernates and Other biological fluids.
- < 0.15 ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- 0.312 - 20 ng/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-Assay CV: < 10%
Mean Inter-Assay CV: < 12%
- Kit Duration:
- ~3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology ALOX15B ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH04836) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for ALOX15B has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for ALOX15B is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP to generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample ALOX15B captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|ALOX15B Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|ALOX15B Biotinylated Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|HRP Avidin Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ALOX15B.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ALOX15B.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- This assay recognizes recombinant and natural human 15-LOX-B. No significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
- Assay Info:
- Assay Methodology: Quantitative Sandwich Immunoassay