- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-101104 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human AHR
- Protein A purified
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 93%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-AHR (ARP31635_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: MNSSSANITYASRKRRKPVQKTVKPIPAEGIKSNPSKRHRDRLNTELDRL
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-AHR (ARP31635_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP31635 (Previous Catalog # AAPP02422)
- Printable datasheet for anti-AHR (ARP31635_T100) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Marlowe,J.L., et al., (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279 (28), 29013-29022
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor
- Alias Symbols:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor
- Description of Target:
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) is a ligand-activated transcription factor involved in the regulation of biological responses to planar aromatic hydrocarbons. AHR has been shown to regulate xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes such as cytochrome P450. AHR ligands included a variety of aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express AHR.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express AHR.
- Protein Interactions:
- GNA13; UBC; NFE2L2; MAF; RB1; EP300; ARNT; NCOA2; NCOA1; TBP; TAF9; TAF6; TAF4; NCOA7; NCOR2; BRCA1; IVNS1ABP; AIP; STUB1; AHR; FOXA1; SUMO2; DDB1; CTNNB1; TAF7; PTGES3; SMARCA4; NEDD8; XPO1; ARNTL; CCNT1; NRIP1; DAP3; AR; CUL4B; GTF2F2; RELA; HSP90AA1; E
Product Review: AHR antibody - N-terminal region (ARP31635_T100) in Human hepatoma cell line (HepG2) using Western Blot
Product Page for AHR antibody-N-terminal region (ARP31635_T100)
Application: Western blotting
Species + Tissue/Cell type: Human HepG2 cells
How many ug's of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel:
1: 50 ug HepG2 nuclei extract + benzo[a]pyrene
2: 50 ug HepG2 cytoplasm extract + benzo[a]pyrene
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?
4=good; recognized a single band on WB.
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva's website is correct?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
Yes. The data was recently published in JCB Epub ahead of print; Chavan and Krishnamurthy. 2012
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):
Human, HepG2 cells, 50 ug
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
How was this sample prepared?
Total lysate following cell harvest and sonication.
Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:
Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:
What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?
AhR knockdown cells.
Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:
50 microgram total protein (cell lysate) analyzed vis SDS-PAGE (10% resolving gel).
Standard transfer to PVDF membrane.
Primary antibody and secondary antibody as described above.
ECL analysis of signals.