- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- agouti related neuropeptide
- Alias Symbols:
- Agouti-related protein, Agrt, AGRT, ART, ASIP2, MGC118963
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Agouti-related protein
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes an antagonist of the melanocortin-3 and melanocortin-4 receptor. It appears to regulate hypothalamic control of feeding behavior via melanocortin receptor and/or intracellular calcium regulation, and thus plays a role in weight homeostasis. Mutations in this gene have been associated with late on-set obesity.
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates , Cell Culture Supernates, Other Biological Fluids
- 10 pg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 15.6 - 1000pg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Mean Intra-assay CV%: < 6.9% (n = 20)
Mean Inter-assay CV%: < 11.7% (n = 20)
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology AGRP ELISA Kit (Human) (OKEH02636) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for AGRP has been pre-coated onto a 96-wellplate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. After washing, a biotinylated detector antibody specific for AGRP is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away.An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidicstop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample AGRP captured in well.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-AGRP Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|AGRP Lyophilized Standard||2|
|Sample Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|100X Biotinylated AGRP Detector Antibody||1 x 120 uL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 uL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|25X Wash Buffer||1 x 30 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 10 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 10 mL|
- Kit Recovery:
- Mean recovery when spiking into sample matrices at concentrations within the dynamic range: 112%
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express AGRP.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express AGRP.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Natural and recombinant Human Agouti-related protein