- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Adenosine deaminase, RNA-specific, B1
- Protein Name:
- Double-stranded RNA-specific editase 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- RED1, ADAR2, DRABA2, DRADA2
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-10010 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- ADARB1 is an enzyme responsible for pre-mRNA editing of the glutamate receptor subunit B by site-specific deamination of adenosines. Studies in rat found that this enzyme acted on its own pre-mRNA molecules to convert an AA dinucleotide to an AI dinucleotide which resulted in a new splice site.This gene encodes the enzyme responsible for pre-mRNA editing of the glutamate receptor subunit B by site-specific deamination of adenosines. Studies in rat found that this enzyme acted on its own pre-mRNA molecules to convert an AA dinucleotide to an AI dinucleotide which resulted in a new splice site. Alternative splicing of this gene results in several transcript variants, some of which have been characterized by the presence or absence of an ALU cassette insert and a short or long C-terminal region.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ADARB1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ADARB1.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human ADARB1
- Tested Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 83%; Dog: 93%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 93%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 92%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-ADARB1 (ARP40342_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: QLSNGGGGGPGRKRPLEEGSNGHSKYRLKKRRKTPGPVLPKNALMQLNEI
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- EBNA1BP2; IFRD2; CCDC124; NIFK; C7orf50; C1orf35; STRBP; BRIX1; SDAD1; ZFR; NOP16; MRTO4; RRS1; BMI1; APP; UBC; PPP2CB; WWP2; PIN1;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-ADARB1 (ARP40342_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP40342 (Previous Catalog # AAPP10379)
- Printable datasheet for anti-ADARB1 (ARP40342_T100) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Kawahara,Y., Gene 363, 193-201 (2005)
Spellman, C., Ahmed, M. M., Dubach, D. & Gardiner, K. J. Expression of trisomic proteins in Down syndrome model systems. Gene 512, 219-225 (2013). WB, Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish 23103828
Hua XU, M.D.
University of Rochester Medical Center
- Sample type/lane description: Human, PC3 cell line.
Lane 1: 40 ug PC3 cell lysate
Lane 2: 40 ug PC3 cell lysate
Lane 3: 40 ug PC3 cell lysate
Lane 4:40 ug PC3 cell lysate
2. Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
3. Secondary antibody and dilution: 1:10000
Cells lysis were collected after half an hour on ice. Loading buffer was added to terminate the reaction. Standard procedure of western blot was applied.