- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.
- Official Gene Full Name:
- ADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif 8
- Alias Symbols:
- ADAM-TS8; METH2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 8
- Description of Target:
- This gene encodes a member of the ADAMTS (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs) protein family. Members of the family share several distinct protein modules, including a propeptide region, a metalloproteinase domain, a disintegrin-like domain, and a thrombospondin type 1 (TS) motif. Individual members of this family differ in the number of C-terminal TS motifs, and some have unique C-terminal domains. The encoded preproprotein is proteolytically processed to generate the mature enzyme. This enzyme contains two C-terminal TS motifs, and disrupts angiogenesis in vivo. A number of disorders have been mapped in the vicinity of this gene, most notably lung neoplasms. Reduced expression of this gene has been observed in multiple human cancers and this gene has been proposed as a potential tumor suppressor.
- Sample Type:
- Tissue homogenates, cell lysates and other biological fluids.
- < 0.063ng/mL
- Kit Range:
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated using 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level ADAMTS8. Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level ADAMTS8 using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Duration:
- ~ 3 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology ADAMTS8 ELISA Kit (Human) (OKCD09249) is based on standard sandwich enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay technology. An antibody specific for ADAMTS8 has been pre-coated onto a 96-well plate (12 x 8 Well Strips) and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, incubated and removed. A biotinylated detector antibody specific for ADAMTS8 is added, incubated and followed by washing. Avidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is then added, incubated and unbound conjugate is washed away. An enzymatic reaction is produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by HRP generating a blue color product that changes to yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration read by absorbance at 450 nm is quantitatively proportional to the amount of sample ADAMTS8 captured in the well.
- Kit Component:
|ADAMTS8 Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well strips)|
|ADAMTS8 Lyophilized Standard||2|
|100X ADAMTS8 HRP-Detector Anitbody||1 x 120 µL|
|100X Avidin-HRP Conjugate||1 x 120 µL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Detector Antibody Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ADAMTS8.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ADAMTS8.
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.