- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Protein Name:
- Description of Target:
- Actin, a ubiquitous protein in eukaryotes is the major component of the cytoskeleton. As one of the most highly-conserved proteins, actin differs no more than 20% in species as diverse as algae and human. It is expressed in mammals and birds as at least six isoforms characterized by electrophoresis and amino acid sequence analysis. Actin is involved in a myriad of cellular processes including locomotion, secretion, cytoplasmic streaming, phagocytosis and cytokinesis.
- Molecular Weight:
- 45 kDa
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Act57B.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Act57B.
- This Aviva monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing mice with human actin full-length protein.
- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Monkey, Mouse, Rat, Chinese hamster, Dog, Spodoptera frugiperda
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store the product at -20C. Stable for one year from the date of shipment.
- Actin (5A7) Mouse mAb detects endogenous level of actin protein
- Mouse mAb
- Mouse IgG2b
- Application Info:
- WB: 1:5000
- Target Reference:
- 1. Vandekerckhove J. and Weber K. (1978) At least six different actins are
expressed in a higher mammal: an analysis based on the amino acid
sequence of the amino-terminal tryptic peptide. J Mol Biol 126:783–802
2. Khaitlina SY (2001) Functional specificity of actin isoforms. Int Rev Cytol
- Tips Information: