- Predicted Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse
- Product Format:
- Liquid. PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- Rabbit Ig
- WB, IHC-P, FC, IF
- Function: Transporter involved in macrophage lipid homeostasis. Is an active component of the macrophage lipid export complex. Could also be involved in intracellular lipid transport processes. The role in cellular lipid homeostasis may not be limited to macrophages.
Cellular Location: Mitochondrion. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein. Golgi apparatus membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein. Note=Predominantly localized in the intracellular compartments mainly associated with the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and Golgi membranes
Tissue Location: Expressed in several tissues. Expressed in macrophages; expression is increased in macrophages from patients with Tangier disease.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Maintain refrigerated at 2-8C for up to 2 weeks. For long term storage store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- ATP-binding cassette sub-family G member 1
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- ATP-binding cassette sub-family G member 1, ATP-binding cassette transporter 8, White protein homolog, WHT1, ABC8, ABCG1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-11150, HPA031470
- Description of Target:
- ABCG1 is a member of the superfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters. ABC proteins transport various molecules across extra- and intra-cellular membranes. ABC genes are divided into seven distinct subfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). This protein is a member of the White subfamily. It is involved in macrophage cholesterol and phospholipids transport, and may regulate cellular lipid homeostasis in other cell types.
- Molecular Weight:
- 76 kDa
- This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express ABCG1.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express ABCG1.
- This ABCG1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 168-195 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human ABCG1.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Printable datasheet for anti-ABCG1 antibody - OAAB03522
- Application Info:
- WB: 1:2000
- Other Applications Image 1 Data:
- ABCG1 Antibody (N-term) flow cytometry analysis of HepG2 cells (bottom histogram) compared to a negative control cell (top histogram). FITC-conjugated goat-anti-rabbit secondary antibodies were used for the analysis.
Fu, Y. et al. ABCA12 Regulates ABCA1-Dependent Cholesterol Efflux from Macrophages and the Development of Atherosclerosis. Cell Metab. 18, 225-38 (2013). WB, IHC-P, FC, IF, Human, Mouse 23931754