- Greater than 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- Protein Sequence:
- Storage Buffer:
- 20 mM Tris-HCl based buffer, pH 8.0
- Additional Information:
- Relevance: Alpha toxins bind voltage-independently at site-3 of sodium channels (Nav) and inhibit the inactivation of the activated channels, thereby blocking neuronal transmission. This toxin is active against mammals.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20C. Avoid freeze thaw cycles.
- Target Reference:
- "Precursors of Androctonus australis scorpion neurotoxins. Structures of precursors, processing outcomes, and expression of a functional recombinant toxin II."
Bougis P.E., Rochat H., Smith L.A.
J. Biol. Chem. 264:19259-19265(1989)