- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- 1 1,5-Anhydro-D-glucitol; 1,5-Anhydroglucitol; 154-58-5; 1,5-ANHYDROSORBITOL
- Description of Target:
- 1, 5-Anhydrosorbitol or 1, 5-anhydroglucitol (1, 5-AG) is a validated marker of short-term glycemic control. This substance is derived mainly from food, is well absorbed in the intestine, and is distributed to all organs and tissues. It is metabolically stable, being excreted in the urine when its level exceeds the renal threshold. It is reabsorbed in the renal tubules and is competitively inhibited by glucosuria, which leads to a reduction in its level in serum. The correlation between this reduction and the amount of glucose present in urine is so close that 1, 5 AG can be used as a sensitive, day-to-day, real-time marker of glycemic control. It provides useful information on current glycemic control and is superior to both hemoglobin A1C and fructosamine in detecting near-normoglycemia. 1, 5-AG in human plasma has been proposed for several years as a short-term, retrospective marker of glycemic control and seems to be the most suitable parameter for monitoring glucose excursions. The decrease in serum 1, 5-AG is very sensitive to urinary glucose excretion. It is a metabolically inert polyol that competes with glucose for reabsorption in the kidneys. Otherwise stable levels of 1, 5-AG are rapidly depleted as blood glucose levels exceed the renal threshold for glucosuria. 1, 5-AG is also more tightly associated with glucose fluctuations and postprandial glucose.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- Serum, plasma and other biological fluids.
- < 0.7 µg/mL
- Kit Range:
- 1.9 - 150 µg/mL
- Kit Reproducibility:
- Intra-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 20 replicates of 3 samples representing low, middle and high level target.
Inter-assay reproducibility was evaluated with 3 samples representing low, middle and high level target using 8 replicates on each of 3 plates.
Intra-Assay CV <10%
Inter-Assay CV <12%
- Kit Duration:
- 2.5 Hours
- Kit Principle:
- Aviva Systems Biology 1,5-AG ELISA Kit (OKCD02247) is based on a competitive enzyme immuno assay technique. The microtiter well-plate in this kit has been pre-coated with an anti-1,5-AG antibody. Sample or standards are added to the wells along with a fixed quantity of biotinylated 1,5-AG and incubated. The 1,5-AG found in the sample or standards competes with the biotinylated 1,5-AG for limited binding sites on the immobilized anti-1,5-AG antibody. Wells are washed and Avidin-HRP conjugate is added, incubated then washed. An enzymatic reaction is then produced through the addition of TMB substrate which is catalyzed by the immobilized HRP to generate a blue color product that changes yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is measured by reading the absorbance at 450 nm which is quantitatively proportional to the amount of biotinylated 1,5-AG captured in the well and inversely proportional to the amount of 1,5-AG which was contained in the sample or standard.
- Kit Component:
|Anti-1,5-Anhydroglucitol Microplate||96 Wells (12 x 8 Well Strips)|
|1,5-Anhydroglucitol Lyophilized Standard||2|
|1,5-Anhydroglucitol Biotin Complex||1|
|100X Avidin/HRP Conjugate||120 uL|
|Standard Diluent||1 x 20 mL|
|Biotin Complex Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|Avidin/HRP Conjugate Diluent||1 x 12 mL|
|30X Wash Buffer||1 x 20 mL|
|TMB Substrate||1 x 9 mL|
|Stop Solution||1 x 6 mL|
|Biotin Complex Reconstitution Buffer||1 x 300 uL|
- Kit Linearity:
|Matrix||1:2 Dilution||1:4 Dilution||1:8 Dilution||1:16 Dilution|
- Kit Recovery:
|Matrix||Recovery Range (%)||Average (%)|
- Kit Detection Method:
- Colorimetric, OD450 nm
- Click here to download product manual. As variation between lots may occur, always reference the lot-specific manual received with each kit.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store as indicated in product manual.