- Official Gene Full Name:
- vascular endothelial growth factor A
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC70609, MVCD1, Vascular endothelial growth factor A, Vascular permeability factor, VEGF, VEGF-A, VPF
- Description of Target:
- This gene is a member of the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family. It encodes a heparin-binding protein, which exists as a disulfide-linked homodimer. This growth factor induces proliferation and migration of vascular endothelial cells, and is essential for both physiological and pathological angiogenesis. Disruption of this gene in mice resulted in abnormal embryonic blood vessel formation. This gene is upregulated in many known tumors and its expression is correlated with tumor stage and progression. Elevated levels of this protein are found in patients with POEMS syndrome, also known as Crow-Fukase syndrome. Allelic variants of this gene have been associated with microvascular complications of diabetes 1 (MVCD1) and atherosclerosis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described. There is also evidence for alternative translation initiation from upstream non-AUG (CUG) codons resulting in additional isoforms. A recent study showed that a C-terminally extended isoform is produced by use of an alternative in-frame translation termination codon via a stop codon readthrough mechanism, and that this isoform is antiangiogenic. Expression of some isoforms derived from the AUG start codon is regulated by a small upstream open reading frame, which is located within an internal ribosome entry site.
- Protein Name:
- Vascular endothelial growth factor A
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- cell culture, supernates, serum, and plasma
- 7 pg/ml
- Kit Reproducibility:
- The coefficient of variation of both intra-assay and inter-assay were less than 10%.
- Kit Component:
|2 vials human VEGF Standard lyophilized, 2000 pg/ml upon reconstitution|
|2 vials concentrated Biotin-Conjugate anti-human VEGF antibody|
|2 vials Streptavidin-HRP solution |
|1 bottle Standard /sample Diluent|
|1 bottle Biotin-Conjugate antibody Diluent |
|1 bottle Streptavidin-HRP Diluent |
|1 bottle Wash Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween-20)|
|1 vial Substrate Solution |
|1 vial Stop Solution|
|2 vials human FGF-basic Standard lyophilized, 500 pg/ml upon reconstitution|
|2 vials concentrated Biotin-Conjugate anti-human FGF-basic antibody|
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express VEGFA.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express VEGFA.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- This assay recognizes both natural and recombinant human TSLP. The factors listed below were prepared at 50ng/ml in Standard /sample Diluent and assayed for cross-reactivity and no significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
Recombinant human: IL-1a, IL-1b, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6 ,
Recombinant mouse: IL-1a, IL-1b, IL-2, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6 ,
Recombinant rat: IL-1a , IL-1b, IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-10, Leptin ,