- Description of Target:
- The function remains unknown.This gene encodes a mitochondrial transcription factor that is a key activator of mitochondrial transcription as well as a participant in mitochondrial genome replication. Studies in mice have demonstrated that this gene product is required to regulate the mitochondrial genome copy number and is essential for embryonic development. A mouse model for Kearns-Sayre syndrome was produced when expression of this gene was eliminated by targeted disruption in heart and muscle cells.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Transcription factor A, mitochondrial
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- TCF6; MtTF1; mtTFA; TCF6L1; TCF6L2; TCF6L3
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express TFAM.
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Transcription factor A, mitochondrial
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein Interactions:
- AGTRAP; FBXW11; ARL6IP1; NEDD1; PPP2R1A; GRSF1; UBC; MDM2; SUZ12; EED; PAN2; MYC; FN1; C1QBP; CAND1; COPS5; CUL3; ELAVL1; ICT1; TFB2M; TFB1M; PNP; NRF1;
- The immunogen for anti-TFAM antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal of human TFAM
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- TFAM antibody - N-terminal region (ARP31400_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human: 100%; Pig: 92%; Horse: 92%; Bovine: 92%; Dog: 83%; Rabbit: 83%; Mouse: 75%; Guinea pig: 75%
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Bovine, Horse, Pig, Dog, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Mouse
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-TFAM antibody- ARP31400_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: AKTTELIRRIAQRWRELPDSKKKIYQDAYRAEWQVYKEEISRFKEQLTPS
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-TFAM antibody is Catalog # AAP31400 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03075)
- Target Reference:
- Cruzen,M.E., Gene 362, 125-132 (2005)
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Anti-TFAM ARP31400_P050 has recently been referenced in the following publications:
Shi, X. et al. Paradoxical effect of mitochondrial respiratory chain impairment on insulin signaling and glucose transport in adipose cells. J. Biol. Chem. 283, 30658–67 (2008). 18779333
Walters, M. W., Bjork, J. A. & Wallace, K. B. Perfluorooctanoic acid stimulated mitochondrial biogenesis and gene transcription in rats. Toxicology 264, 10–5 (2009). 19616056
Walters, M. W. & Wallace, K. B. Urea cycle gene expression is suppressed by PFOA treatment in rats. Toxicol. Lett. 197, 46–50 (2010). 20452409
Miyazaki, T. et al. Intracellular and extracellular ATP coordinately regulate the inverse correlation between osteoclast survival and bone resorption. J. Biol. Chem. 287, 37808–23 (2012). 22988253
Kemper, M. F., Zhao, Y., Duckles, S. P. & Krause, D. N. Endogenous ovarian hormones affect mitochondrial efficiency in cerebral endothelium via distinct regulation of PGC-1 isoforms. J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 33, 122–8 (2013). 23093066
Lu, W. et al. ZNF143 transcription factor mediates cell survival through upregulation of the GPX1 activity in the mitochondrial respiratory dysfunction. Cell Death Dis. 3, e422 (2012). 23152058
Teodoro, J. S. et al. Berberine reverts hepatic mitochondrial dysfunction in high-fat fed rats: a possible role for SirT3 activation. Mitochondrion 13, 637–46 (2013). 24041461
University of California Irvine
Product page for TFAM antibody (ARP31400)
The information below lists the predicted species and target name associated to the peptide antigen. Please note, all available target reference numbers to the antigen sequence are presented, including unreviewed and protein isoforms.
To search for antibodies by species, please visit Aviva’s Species Reactivity Page. To search Aviva’s catalog of antibodies by sequence, please visit Aviva’s Antibody Blast Tool.
|Predicted Species & Target||Target Reference||Predicted Homology|
|African elephant TFAM antibody; Loxodonta africana TFAM antibody||G3TAA7||75%|
|Bornean orangutan tfam antibody; Pongo pygmaeus tfam antibody||Q4H0P8||100%|
|Bovine Bt.102328 antibody; Bos taurus Bt.102328 antibody||F1MV25||91%|
|Bovine Bt.102328 antibody; Bos taurus Bt.102328 antibody||E1BKV1||91%|
|Bovine BT.102328 antibody; Bos taurus BT.102328 antibody||E1BA21||91%|
|Bovine TFAM antibody; Bos taurus TFAM antibody||Q0II87||91%|
|Chimpanzee TFAM antibody; Pan troglodytes TFAM antibody||Q4H0P9||100%|
|Chimpanzee tfam antibody; Pan troglodytes tfam antibody||Q4GZG8||100%|
|Common gibbon tfam antibody; Hylobates lar tfam antibody||Q4H0P7||83%|
|Dog TFAM antibody; Canis familiaris TFAM antibody||E2RQ27||83%|
|Dog TFAM antibody; Canis familiaris TFAM antibody||E2RJ35||83%|
|Giant panda LOC100479452 antibody; Ailuropoda melanoleuca LOC100479452 antibody||D2I218||91%|
|Guinea pig TFAM antibody; Cavia porcellus TFAM antibody||H0UT89||75%|
|Horse TFAM antibody; Equus caballus TFAM antibody||F6YUX4||91%|
|Human TFAM antibody; Homo sapiens TFAM antibody||Q00059||100%|
|Human TFAM antibody; Homo sapiens TFAM antibody||Q6LES8||100%|
|Human TFAM antibody; Homo sapiens TFAM antibody||E5KSU5||100%|
|Human TFAM antibody; Homo sapiens TFAM antibody||A8MRB2||100%|
|Human TFAM antibody; Homo sapiens TFAM antibody||Q05D31||100%|
|Human TFAM antibody; Homo sapiens TFAM antibody||Q3SX57||91%|
|Little brown bat TFAM antibody; Myotis lucifugus TFAM antibody||G1P5H6||83%|
|Lowland gorilla TFAM antibody; Gorilla gorilla gorilla TFAM antibody||G3QQI3||100%|
|Mouse Tfam antibody; Mus musculus Tfam antibody||Q3TSW9||75%|
|Northern white-cheeked gibbon TFAM antibody; Nomascus leucogenys TFAM antibody||G1RNX3||100%|
|Olive baboon tfam antibody; Papio anubis tfam antibody||Q4H0P6||100%|
|Pig TFAM antibody; Sus scrofa TFAM antibody||Q5D144||91%|
|Pig Tfam antibody; Sus scrofa Tfam antibody||Q9GL64||91%|
|Pygmy chimpanzee tfam antibody; Pan paniscus tfam antibody||Q4H0Q0||100%|
|Pygmy chimpanzee tfam antibody; Pan paniscus tfam antibody||Q4GZG9||100%|
|Rabbit TFAM antibody; Oryctolagus cuniculus TFAM antibody||G1T7C0||83%|
|Rhesus macaque TFAM antibody; Macaca mulatta TFAM antibody||F7FXP0||91%|
|Silvered leaf-monkey TFAM antibody; Trachypithecus cristatus TFAM antibody||Q4H0T5||100%|
|Small-eared galago TFAM antibody; Otolemur garnettii TFAM antibody||H0XC91||83%|
|Sumatran orangutan TFAM antibody; Pongo abelii TFAM antibody||Q5REW5||100%|
|Tasmanian devil TFAM antibody; Sarcophilus harrisii TFAM antibody||G3WAP6||83%|
|White-tufted-ear marmoset LOC100385496 antibody; Callithrix jacchus LOC100385496 antibody||F6QBQ9||78%|
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this TFAM antibody (ARP31400_P050)
Click here to view the TFAM antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: TFAM antibody (ARP31400_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-TFAM Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:1562500
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: The function remains unknown.This gene encodes a mitochondrial transcription factor that is a key activator of mitochondrial transcription as well as a participant in mitochondrial genome replication. Studies in mice have demonstrated that this gene product is required to regulate the mitochondrial genome copy number and is essential for embryonic development. A mouse model for Kearns-Sayre syndrome was produced when expression of this gene was eliminated by targeted disruption in heart and muscle cells.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology’s TFAM antibody (ARP31400_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at email@example.com.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com
Product Review: TFAM antibody-N-terminal region (ARP31400_P050) in HepG2, Hep3B and K562 cells using Western Blot
Application: Western blotting
Species+tissue/cell type: HepG2, Hep3B and K562 cells
How many ug’s of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel:
1: HepG2 cell lysate
2: HepG2 cell lysate
3: Hep3B cell lysate
4: Hep3B cell lysate
5: K562 cell lysate
6: K562 cell lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:1000
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:1000
1. How do Aviva’s reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
--Used it for WESTERN BLOT.
2. How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
3. What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you prepare it?
-- Total Cell Lysates prepared by sonication in MSB buffer (Mannitol, Sucrose Buffer) .
4. What applications did you test the antibody in? Please include dilutions of the primary and secondary reagents.
-- Used it for WESTERN BLOT. Dilution for primary antibody (TFAM 1ug/ml) and for secondary antibody 1:1000.
5. What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your positive control.
-- No positive control.
6. For IHC, what antigen retrieval method did you use?
7. How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
-- @ -20 degree Celsius
8. Please provide the protocol for your application procedure. Please be as detailed as possible.
-- Standard SDS-PAGE protocol is used to run the protein samples.
-- Blocking is done in 10% non-fat dry milk
-- Primary antibody was made in 5% BSA and incubated overnight
-- HRP-conjugated secondary antibody is also diluted in 5% BSA and incubated for 1hr
-- ECL substrate is used to develop and film exposure time is 10 sec.
10. How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5? Why?
Very Good (Scale 1). It gave single band with no background at expected size.
11. Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
12. Please explain any problems you had with the antibody and/or experimental results that Aviva can address in the future.
TFAM antibody is OK.
13. Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
14. Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva’s website is correct?
15. If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
We will be using it in future experiments.