- Description of Target:
- TBCB binds to alpha-tubulin folding intermediates after their interaction with cytosolic chaperonin in the pathway leading from newly synthesized tubulin to properly folded heterodimer. It is involved in regulation of tubulin heterodimer dissociation. TBCB may function as a negative regulator of axonal growth.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Tubulin folding cofactor B
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- CG22; CKAP1; CKAPI; MGC14625
- Sample Type Confirmation:
TBCB is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HEK293T
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express TBCB.
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Tubulin-folding cofactor B
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Partner Proteins:
- AP3D1, AP3B2, AP3D1, AP3S2, IRS1, SCARB2, SLC30A3, IRS1
- The immunogen for anti-TBCB antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal of human TBCB
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- TBCB antibody - C-terminal region (ARP51934_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Bovine: 100%; Dog: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%; African clawed frog: 84%
- Species Reactivity:
- Bovine, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat, Zebrafish
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-TBCB antibody- ARP51934_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: YDEPLGKNDGSVNGKRYFECQAKYGAFVKPAVVTVGDFPEEDYGLDEI
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-TBCB antibody is Catalog # AAP51934 (Previous Catalog # AAPY03590)
- Key Reference:
- Rayala,S.K., (2007) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 104 (49), 19470-19475
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 ul of distilled water. Final anti-TBCB antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer with 2% sucrose. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Product Review: TBCB antibody - C-terminal region (ARP51934_P050) tested with HEK293T cells in Western blot
Product Page Link: TBCB antibody - C-terminal region (ARP51934_P050)
Data submitted by: Dr. Victor Lundin, Stanford University.
"The TBCB antibody ARP51934_P050 works well for us in western blots (see western blot results attached). In HEK293T cell lysate, we can detect transfected Flag-tagged TBCB with similar sensitivity as with a monoclonal Flag antibody. In addition, we can detect endogenous TBCB in untransfected HEK293T cell lysate."
"The TBCB antibody ARP51934_P050 works well for us in western blots"
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this TBCB antibody (ARP51934_P050)
Click here to view the TBCB antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: TBCB antibody (ARP51934_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-TBCB Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:62500
Positive Control: Fetal Lung
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: TBCB binds to alpha-tubulin folding intermediates after their interaction with cytosolic chaperonin in the pathway leading from newly synthesized tubulin to properly folded heterodimer. It is involved in regulation of tubulin heterodimer dissociation. TBCB may function as a negative regulator of axonal growth.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s TBCB antibody (ARP51934_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org