- Description of Target:
- The vesicular monoamine transporter acts to accumulate cytosolic monoamines into synaptic vesicles, using the proton gradient maintained across the synaptic vesicular membrane. Its proper function is essential to the correct activity of the monoaminergic systems that have been implicated in several human neuropsychiatric disorders. The transporter is a site of action of important drugs, including reserpine and tetrabenazine.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Solute carrier family 18 (vesicular monoamine), member 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC120477; MGC120478; MGC26538; SVAT; SVMT; VAT2; VMAT2
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express SLC18A2.
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Synaptic vesicular amine transporter
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- IHC, WB
- Partner Proteins:
- The immunogen for anti-SLC18A2 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal of human SLC18A2
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- SLC18A2 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP43845_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Rat: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Bovine: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Pig: 93%; Dog: 86%; Guinea pig: 86%
- Species Reactivity:
- Bovine, Horse, Rabbit, Rat, Human, Mouse, Pig, Dog, Guinea pig
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-SLC18A2 antibody- ARP43845_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: NATRDLTLHQTATQHMVTNASAVPSDCPSEDKDLLNENVQVGLLFASKAT
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-SLC18A2 antibody is Catalog # AAP43845 (Previous Catalog # AAPS14306)
- Target Reference:
- Yamamoto,S., (2006) Neurosci. Lett. 396 (3), 187-191
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 ul of distilled water. Final anti-SLC18A2 antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer with 2% sucrose. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Customer Reviews for SLC18A2 Antibody (ARP43845_P050) tested with human cortex in Immunohistochemistry
Antibodies were tested in the range of 2 â€“ 20 ug/mL on formaldehyde fixed rat and mouse tissues that were cut into 15 micron thick sections on the cryostat.
Incubation with primary antibodies was done overnight at 4Â°C.
Tissue sections then were washed in PBS (pH7.4) 3 times 15 minutes each and then incubated for 1 hour at room temperature with fluorescent secondary antibodies (e.g. anti-rabbit Cy3, anti-rabbit Cy2) diluted according to manufactureâ€™s recommendation.
After that section were washed with PBS (pH7.4) 3 times 15 minutes each and then mounted under coverslips using MVS Pacific anti-fade mounting media (available for OEM) with or without nuclear counterstain (e.g. DAPI).
Each experiment was repeated twice.
Product page for SLC18A2 antibody (ARP43845)
The information below lists the predicted species and target name associated to the peptide antigen. Please note, all available target reference numbers to the antigen sequence are presented, including unreviewed and protein isoforms.
To search for antibodies by species, please visit Aviva’s Species Reactivity Page. To search Aviva’s catalog of antibodies by sequence, please visit Aviva’s Antibody Blast Tool.
|Predicted Species & Target||Target Reference||Predicted Homology|
|African elephant SLC18A2 antibody; Loxodonta africana SLC18A2 antibody||G3TFU9||92%|
|Bovine SLC18A2 antibody; Bos taurus SLC18A2 antibody||B0JYP2||100%|
|Bovine VMAT2 antibody; Bos taurus VMAT2 antibody||Q27963||100%|
|Chicken SLC18A2 antibody; Gallus gallus SLC18A2 antibody||F1P4R2||92%|
|Common turkey SLC18A2 antibody; Meleagris gallopavo SLC18A2 antibody||G1NFI4||92%|
|Dog SLC18A2 antibody; Canis familiaris SLC18A2 antibody||F1PD81||85%|
|Duckbill platypus SLC18A2 antibody; Ornithorhynchus anatinus SLC18A2 antibody||F6UQM2||92%|
|Duckbill platypus SLC18A2 antibody; Ornithorhynchus anatinus SLC18A2 antibody||F6UQK8||92%|
|Duckbill platypus SLC18A2 antibody; Ornithorhynchus anatinus SLC18A2 antibody||F6UQJ8||92%|
|Gray short-tailed opossum SLC18A2 antibody; Monodelphis domestica SLC18A2 antibody||F7BLF1||78%|
|Gray short-tailed opossum SLC18A2 antibody; Monodelphis domestica SLC18A2 antibody||F7BLD7||78%|
|Guinea pig LOC100719098 antibody; Cavia porcellus LOC100719098 antibody||H0V186||85%|
|Horse SLC18A2 antibody; Equus caballus SLC18A2 antibody||F6WRN1||100%|
|Human SLC18A2 antibody; Homo sapiens SLC18A2 antibody||Q99870||100%|
|Human SLC18A2 antibody; Homo sapiens SLC18A2 antibody||Q4G147||100%|
|Human VMAT2 antibody; Homo sapiens VMAT2 antibody||Q05940||100%|
|Little brown bat SLC18A2 antibody; Myotis lucifugus SLC18A2 antibody||G1P306||92%|
|Lowland gorilla SLC18A2 antibody; Gorilla gorilla gorilla SLC18A2 antibody||G3QP15||100%|
|Mouse Slc18a2 antibody; Mus musculus Slc18a2 antibody||Q66L40||100%|
|Mouse VMAT2 antibody; Mus musculus VMAT2 antibody||Q8BRU6||100%|
|Northern white-cheeked gibbon SLC18A2 antibody; Nomascus leucogenys SLC18A2 antibody||G1S3N7||100%|
|Rabbit SLC18A2 antibody; Oryctolagus cuniculus SLC18A2 antibody||G1T2K3||100%|
|Rat VMAT2 antibody; Rattus norvegicus VMAT2 antibody||Q01827||92%|
|Rhesus macaque SLC18A2 antibody; Macaca mulatta SLC18A2 antibody||F6VXD8||100%|
|Small-eared galago SLC18A2 antibody; Otolemur garnettii SLC18A2 antibody||H0XPA3||92%|
|Tasmanian devil SLC18A2 antibody; Sarcophilus harrisii SLC18A2 antibody||G3WVI8||92%|
|White-tufted-ear marmoset LOC100395730 antibody; Callithrix jacchus LOC100395730 antibody||F7EIF3||100%|
|Zebra finch SLC18A2 antibody; Taeniopygia guttata SLC18A2 antibody||H0ZLD6||76%|
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this SLC18A2 antibody (ARP43845_P050)
Click here to view the SLC18A2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: SLC18A2 antibody (ARP43845_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-SLC18A2 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: The vesicular monoamine transporter acts to accumulate cytosolic monoamines into synaptic vesicles, using the proton gradient maintained across the synaptic vesicular membrane. Its proper function is essential to the correct activity of the monoaminergic systems that have been implicated in several human neuropsychiatric disorders. The transporter is a site of action of important drugs, including reserpine and tetrabenazine.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s SLC18A2 antibody (ARP43845_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org