- Description of Target:
- The vesicular monoamine transporter acts to accumulate cytosolic monoamines into synaptic vesicles, using the proton gradient maintained across the synaptic vesicular membrane. Its proper function is essential to the correct activity of the monoaminergic systems that have been implicated in several human neuropsychiatric disorders. The transporter is a site of action of important drugs, including reserpine and tetrabenazine.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Solute carrier family 18 (vesicular monoamine), member 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- MGC120477; MGC120478; MGC26538; SVAT; SVMT; VAT2; VMAT2
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express SLC18A2.
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Synaptic vesicular amine transporter
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- IHC, WB
- Partner Proteins:
- The immunogen for anti-SLC18A2 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal of human SLC18A2
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- SLC18A2 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP43845_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Bovine: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Chicken: 92%; Dog: 85%
- Species Reactivity:
- Bovine, Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-SLC18A2 antibody- ARP43845_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: NATRDLTLHQTATQHMVTNASAVPSDCPSEDKDLLNENVQVGLLFASKAT
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-SLC18A2 antibody is Catalog # AAP43845 (Previous Catalog # AAPS14306)
- Key Reference:
- Yamamoto,S., (2006) Neurosci. Lett. 396 (3), 187-191
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 ul of distilled water. Final anti-SLC18A2 antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer with 2% sucrose. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Customer Reviews for SLC18A2 Antibody (ARP43845_P050) tested with human cortex in Immunohistochemistry
Antibodies were tested in the range of 2 â€“ 20 ug/mL on formaldehyde fixed rat and mouse tissues that were cut into 15 micron thick sections on the cryostat.
Incubation with primary antibodies was done overnight at 4Â°C.
Tissue sections then were washed in PBS (pH7.4) 3 times 15 minutes each and then incubated for 1 hour at room temperature with fluorescent secondary antibodies (e.g. anti-rabbit Cy3, anti-rabbit Cy2) diluted according to manufactureâ€™s recommendation.
After that section were washed with PBS (pH7.4) 3 times 15 minutes each and then mounted under coverslips using MVS Pacific anti-fade mounting media (available for OEM) with or without nuclear counterstain (e.g. DAPI).
Each experiment was repeated twice.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this SLC18A2 antibody (ARP43845_P050)
Click here to view the SLC18A2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: SLC18A2 antibody (ARP43845_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-SLC18A2 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: The vesicular monoamine transporter acts to accumulate cytosolic monoamines into synaptic vesicles, using the proton gradient maintained across the synaptic vesicular membrane. Its proper function is essential to the correct activity of the monoaminergic systems that have been implicated in several human neuropsychiatric disorders. The transporter is a site of action of important drugs, including reserpine and tetrabenazine.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s SLC18A2 antibody (ARP43845_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org