- Description of Target:
- DDC catalyzes the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Dopa decarboxylase (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase)
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express DDC.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express DDC.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Name:
- Aromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein Interactions:
- ATF6; RELA; AR;
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human DDC
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-DDC (ARP41426_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 79%; Dog: 86%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Horse: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 93%; Rat: 100%
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow; Dog; Guinea Pig; Horse; Human; Mouse; Rabbit; Rat
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-DDC (ARP41426_P050) antibody
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: SLKMWFVFRMYGVKGLQAYIRKHVQLSHEFESLVRQDPRFEICVEVILGL
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-DDC (ARP41426_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP41426 (Previous Catalog # AAPP24164)
- Target Reference:
- Giegling,I., (2008) Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 147 (3), 308-315
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this DDC antibody (ARP41426_P050)
Click here to view the DDC antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: DDC antibody (ARP41426_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-DDC Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:312500
Positive Control: Fetal Spleen
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: DDC catalyzes the decarboxylation of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) to dopamine, L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin and L-tryptophan to tryptamine.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s DDC antibody (ARP41426_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org