- Description of Target:
- SOX18 a member of the SOX (SRY-related HMG-box) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of the cell fate. The encoded protein may act as a transcriptional regulator after forming a protein complex with other proteins. This protein plays a role in hair, blood vessel, and lymphatic vessel development. Mutations in this gene have been associated with recessive and dominant forms of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 18
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SOX18.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SOX18.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Name:
- Transcription factor SOX-18
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein Interactions:
- GKAP1; MECP2; MEF2C; HMGB1;
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human SOX18
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein A purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-SOX18 (ARP33057_T100)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 92%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 85%; Rat: 85%
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse, Rat
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-SOX18 (ARP33057_T100) antibody
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: GSARAFRELPPLGAEFDGLGLPTPERSPLDGLEPGEAAFFPPPAAPEDCA
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-SOX18 (ARP33057_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP33057 (Previous Catalog # AAPP04086)
- Target Reference:
- Irrthum,A., et al., (2003) Am.J.Hum.Genet.72(6),1470-1478
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100)
Click here to view the SOX18 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100)
WB Suggested Anti-SOX18 Antibody Titration: 2.0ug/ml
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: SOX18 a member of the SOX (SRY-related HMG-box) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of the cell fate. The encoded protein may act as a transcriptional regulator after forming a protein complex with other proteins. This protein plays a role in hair, blood vessel, and lymphatic vessel development. Mutations in this gene have been associated with recessive and dominant forms of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org