- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 18
- Protein Name:
- Transcription factor SOX-18
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- Description of Target:
- SOX18 a member of the SOX (SRY-related HMG-box) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of the cell fate. The encoded protein may act as a transcriptional regulator after forming a protein complex with other proteins. This protein plays a role in hair, blood vessel, and lymphatic vessel development. Mutations in this gene have been associated with recessive and dominant forms of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express SOX18.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express SOX18.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human SOX18
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse, Rat
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 92%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 85%; Rat: 85%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-SOX18 (ARP33057_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: GSARAFRELPPLGAEFDGLGLPTPERSPLDGLEPGEAAFFPPPAAPEDCA
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- GKAP1; MECP2; MEF2C; HMGB1;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-SOX18 (ARP33057_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP33057 (Previous Catalog # AAPP04086)
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-SOX18 (ARP33057_T100) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Irrthum,A., et al., (2003) Am.J.Hum.Genet.72(6),1470-1478
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100)
Click here to view the SOX18 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100)
WB Suggested Anti-SOX18 Antibody Titration: 2.0ug/ml
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: SOX18 a member of the SOX (SRY-related HMG-box) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of the cell fate. The encoded protein may act as a transcriptional regulator after forming a protein complex with other proteins. This protein plays a role in hair, blood vessel, and lymphatic vessel development. Mutations in this gene have been associated with recessive and dominant forms of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology’s SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at email@example.com.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com