- Description of Target:
- SOX18 a member of the SOX (SRY-related HMG-box) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of the cell fate. The encoded protein may act as a transcriptional regulator after forming a protein complex with other proteins. This protein plays a role in hair, blood vessel, and lymphatic vessel development. Mutations in this gene have been associated with recessive and dominant forms of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 18
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express SOX18.
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Transcription factor SOX-18
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein Interactions:
- GKAP1; MECP2; MEF2C; HMGB1;
- The immunogen for anti-SOX18 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human SOX18
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Protein A purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- SOX18 antibody - middle region (ARP33057_T100)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 100%; Pig: 100%; Human: 100%; Guinea pig: 100%; Bovine: 92%; Rat: 85%; Mouse: 85%
- Species Reactivity:
- Pig, Guinea pig, Dog, Human, Bovine, Mouse, Rat
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-SOX18 antibody- ARP33057_T100
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: GSARAFRELPPLGAEFDGLGLPTPERSPLDGLEPGEAAFFPPPAAPEDCA
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-SOX18 antibody is Catalog # AAP33057 (Previous Catalog # AAPP04086)
- Target Reference:
- Irrthum,A., et al., (2003) Am.J.Hum.Genet.72(6),1470-1478
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Product page for SOX18 antibody (ARP33057)
The information below lists the predicted species and target name associated to the peptide antigen. Please note, all available target reference numbers to the antigen sequence are presented, including unreviewed and protein isoforms.
To search for antibodies by species, please visit Aviva’s Species Reactivity Page. To search Aviva’s catalog of antibodies by sequence, please visit Aviva’s Antibody Blast Tool.
|Predicted Species & Target||Target Reference||Predicted Homology|
|Bovine Bt.19261 antibody; Bos taurus Bt.19261 antibody||F6RRS7||92%|
|Bovine SOX18 antibody; Bos taurus SOX18 antibody||Q0VC26||92%|
|Chinese hamster Sox18 antibody; Cricetulus griseus Sox18 antibody||G3IBT0||84%|
|Guinea pig LOC100727175 antibody; Cavia porcellus LOC100727175 antibody||H0W976||100%|
|Human SOX18 antibody; Homo sapiens SOX18 antibody||P35713||100%|
|Mouse SOX18 antibody; Mus musculus SOX18 antibody||P43680||84%|
|Mouse Sox18 antibody; Mus musculus Sox18 antibody||Q3UND6||84%|
|Mouse Sox18 antibody; Mus musculus Sox18 antibody||B7ZCS2||84%|
|Northern white-cheeked gibbon SOX18 antibody; Nomascus leucogenys SOX18 antibody||G1RGW5||100%|
|Pig SOX18 antibody; Sus scrofa SOX18 antibody||A5A764||100%|
|Rat Sox18 antibody; Rattus norvegicus Sox18 antibody||Q4V7E4||84%|
|Rhesus macaque SOX18 antibody; Macaca mulatta SOX18 antibody||F6Q893||100%|
|Small-eared galago SOX18 antibody; Otolemur garnettii SOX18 antibody||H0XUJ7||91%|
|White-tufted-ear marmoset SOX18 antibody; Callithrix jacchus SOX18 antibody||F7FV06||92%|
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100)
Click here to view the SOX18 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100)
WB Suggested Anti-SOX18 Antibody Titration: 2.0ug/ml
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: SOX18 a member of the SOX (SRY-related HMG-box) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of the cell fate. The encoded protein may act as a transcriptional regulator after forming a protein complex with other proteins. This protein plays a role in hair, blood vessel, and lymphatic vessel development. Mutations in this gene have been associated with recessive and dominant forms of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology’s SOX18 antibody (ARP33057_T100) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at email@example.com.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com