- Description of Target:
- Histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2), or transcriptional regulator homolog RPD3 L1, is highly homologous to the yeast transcription factor RPD3 (reduced potassium dependency 3) gene. As in yeast, human HDA2 is likely to be involved in regulating chromatin structure during transcription. It has been implicated to associate with YY1, a mammalian zinc-finger transcription factor, which negatively regulates transcription by tethering RPD3 to DNA as a cofactor. This process is highly concerved from yeast to human.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Histone deacetylase 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- HD2; RPD3; YAF1
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HDAC2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HDAC2.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Name:
- Histone deacetylase 2
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- IHC, WB
- Protein Interactions:
- BRCA1; SUMO1; UBC; SMAD7; SMAD2; MXD1; NCOR2; SUMO2; SFPQ; KDM5A; HDAC1; DDB1; CUL4B; CHFR; KDM1A; KDM5B; NFE2L2; PRDM6; DNMT3B; DNMT1; NACC2; HIST1H4A; HIST1H3A; HIST2H2BE; HIST2H2AC; PRDM1; EED; RNF2; SP1; CHD4; CHD3; ACTL6A; C16orf87; HMG20A; HMG20B; C
- The immunogen for anti-HDAC2 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal of human HDAC2
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- HDAC2 antibody - C-terminal region (ARP32618_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rat: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Bovine: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Horse: 93%; Guinea pig: 93%; Yeast: 91%
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Bovine, Dog, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Mouse, Horse, Guinea pig, Yeast
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-HDAC2 antibody- ARP32618_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: EEFSDSEDEGEGGRRNVADHKKGAKKARIEEDKKETEDKKTDVKEEDKSK
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-HDAC2 antibody is Catalog # AAP32618 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03627)
- Target Reference:
- Choi, Y.B., et al., (2004) J.Biol.Chem.279(49),50930-50941
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618_P050)
Click here to view the HDAC2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-HDAC2 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: Histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2), or transcriptional regulator homolog RPD3 L1, is highly homologous to the yeast transcription factor RPD3 (reduced potassium dependency 3) gene. As in yeast, human HDA2 is likely to be involved in regulating chromatin structure during transcription. It has been implicated to associate with YY1, a mammalian zinc-finger transcription factor, which negatively regulates transcription by tethering RPD3 to DNA as a cofactor. This process is highly concerved from yeast to human.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HDAC2 antibody.
Click here to view the HDAC2 antibody Immunohistochemistry (IHC) protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618)
Rabbit Anti-HDAC2 Antibody
Catalog Number: ARP32618
Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Spermatophore
Cellular Data: Epithelial cells
Antibody Concentration: 4.0-8.0 ug/ml