- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Histone deacetylase 2
- Protein Name:
- Histone deacetylase 2
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- HD2, RPD3, YAF1
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-44262 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2), or transcriptional regulator homolog RPD3 L1, is highly homologous to the yeast transcription factor RPD3 (reduced potassium dependency 3) gene. As in yeast, human HDA2 is likely to be involved in regulating chromatin structure during transcription. It has been implicated to associate with YY1, a mammalian zinc-finger transcription factor, which negatively regulates transcription by tethering RPD3 to DNA as a cofactor. This process is highly concerved from yeast to human.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express HDAC2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express HDAC2.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human HDAC2
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Yeast
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 93%; Horse: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Yeast: 91%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-HDAC2 (ARP32618_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: EEFSDSEDEGEGGRRNVADHKKGAKKARIEEDKKETEDKKTDVKEEDKSK
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- BRCA1; SUMO1; UBC; SMAD7; SMAD2; MXD1; NCOR2; SUMO2; SFPQ; KDM5A; HDAC1; DDB1; CUL4B; CHFR; KDM1A; KDM5B; NFE2L2; PRDM6; DNMT3B; DNMT1; NACC2; HIST1H4A; HIST1H3A; HIST2H2BE; HIST2H2AC; PRDM1; EED; RNF2; SP1; CHD4; CHD3; ACTL6A; C16orf87; HMG20A; HMG20B; C
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-HDAC2 (ARP32618_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP32618 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03627)
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-HDAC2 (ARP32618_P050) antibody
- Target Reference:
- Choi, Y.B., et al., (2004) J.Biol.Chem.279(49),50930-50941
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618_P050)
Click here to view the HDAC2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-HDAC2 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: Histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2), or transcriptional regulator homolog RPD3 L1, is highly homologous to the yeast transcription factor RPD3 (reduced potassium dependency 3) gene. As in yeast, human HDA2 is likely to be involved in regulating chromatin structure during transcription. It has been implicated to associate with YY1, a mammalian zinc-finger transcription factor, which negatively regulates transcription by tethering RPD3 to DNA as a cofactor. This process is highly concerved from yeast to human.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HDAC2 antibody.
Click here to view the HDAC2 antibody Immunohistochemistry (IHC) protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HDAC2 antibody (ARP32618)
Rabbit Anti-HDAC2 Antibody
Catalog Number: ARP32618
Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Spermatophore
Cellular Data: Epithelial cells
Antibody Concentration: 4.0-8.0 ug/ml