- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Ret proto-oncogene
- Protein Name:
- Proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase receptor Ret
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- CDHF12, CDHR16, HSCR1, MEN2A, MEN2B, MTC1, PTC, RET-ELE1, RET51
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-101422 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- This gene, a member of the cadherin superfamily, encodes one of the receptor tyrosine kinases, which are cell-surface molecules that transduce signals for cell growth and differentiation. This gene plays a crucial role in neural crest development, and it can undergo oncogenic activation in vivo and in vitro by cytogenetic rearrangement. Mutations in this gene are associated with the disorders multiple endocrine neoplasia, type IIA, multiple endocrine neoplasia, type IIB, Hirschsprung disease, and medullary thyroid carcinoma. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. Additional transcript variants have been described but their biological validity has not been confirmed.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express RET.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express RET.
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 90%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 90%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-RET (ARP30878_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: EMKLVHRDLAARNILVAEGRKMKISDFGLSRDVYEEDSYVKRSQGRIPVK
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- NOTCH2NL; UBC; CBLC; PDLIM7; HSP90AA1; GRB2; CBL; RET; MCRS1; IKBKG; DOK3; DOK5; DOK4; DOK6; SHC3; FRS2; DOK2; AKAP5; CBLB; GAB1; DOK1; NRTN; MAPK3; GRB10; GRB7; GFRA1; MAPK8; GDNF; PTK2; SHC1; MAPK14; SRC; MAPK1; PRKAR2A; PTPN11; PLCG1; PIK3R1; CRK; STAT
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-RET (ARP30878_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP30878
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-RET (ARP30878_P050) antibody
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this RET antibody.
Product Datasheet Link: RET antibody ARP30878_P050
Rabbit Anti-RET Antibody
Catalog Number: ARP30878_P050
Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Testis Tissue
Observed Staining: Cytoplasm
Primary Antibody Concentration: 1:600
Other Working Concentrations: N/A
Secondary Antibody: Donkey anti-Rabbit-Cy3
Secondary Antibody Concentration: 1:200
Exposure Time: 0.5 - 2.0 sec
Left to right:
DAPI, RET Ab, Merge
Control Antibody: Normal Rabbit IgG
Control Antibody Concentration: 1:100
Left to right:
DAPI, Rabbit IgG, Merge
1. Normal adult human testis tissue was formalin fixed, embedded in paraffin wax, sectioned at 6 micron thickness and put on histological slides.
2. After deparaffinization and rehydration, the low pH, heat-induced antigen retrieval method utilizing Sodium Citrate buffer was performed.
3. The blocking buffer was 5% normal goat serum.
4. Primary antibodies was diluted in antibody dilution buffer (1% Normal Donkey Serum) to the final testing dilution (1:100, 1:600, 1:1200).
5. The appropriate anti-rabbit fluorescent-conjugated (Rhodamine:red or FITC:green) secondary antibody was applied and nuclei will be counterstained with DAPI (blue).
6. A Negative control utilized a nonspecific rabbit IgG staining the same normal adult human testis tissue.