- Description of Target:
- In vertebrates, the genes encoding the class of transcription factors called homeobox genes are found in clusters named A, B, C, and D on four separate chromosomes. Expression of these proteins is spatially and temporally regulated during embryonic development. This gene is part of the A cluster on chromosome 7 and encodes a DNA-binding transcription factor which may regulate gene expression, morphogenesis, and differentiation. Methylation of this gene may result in the loss of its expression and, since the encoded protein upregulates the tumor suppressor p53, this protein may play an important role in tumorigenesis.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Homeobox A5
- Alias Symbols:
- HOX1; HOX1.3; HOX1C; MGC9376
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express HOXA5.
- Protein Accession# :
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- WB, IHC
- Partner Proteins:
- The immunogen for anti-HOXA5 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human HOXA5
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- HOXA5 antibody - middle region (ARP31447_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 100%; Human: 100%; Pig: 100%; Mouse: 92%
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-HOXA5 antibody- ARP31447_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: VGTASGAEEDAPASSEQASAQSEPSPAPPAQPQIYPWMRKLHISHDNIGG
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-HOXA5 antibody is Catalog # AAP31447 (Previous Catalog # AAPP02209)
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Paraffin embedded testis tissue, tested with an antibody dilution of 5 ug/ml, followed by biotinylated goat anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody, alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
- Key Reference:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 μl of distilled water. Final anti-HOXA5 antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer. For longer periods of storage, store at -20°C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- Storage Buffer:
- After reconstitution buffer contains 2% sucrose, PBS, and 0.1% sodium azide.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HOXA5 antibody (ARP31447_P050)
Click here to view the HOXA5 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HOXA5 antibody (ARP31447_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-HOXA5 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: 721_B
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: In vertebrates, the genes encoding the class of transcription factors called homeobox genes are found in clusters named A, B, C, and D on four separate chromosomes. Expression of these proteins is spatially and temporally regulated during embryonic development. This gene is part of the A cluster on chromosome 7 and encodes a DNA-binding transcription factor which may regulate gene expression, morphogenesis, and differentiation. Methylation of this gene may result in the loss of its expression and, since the encoded protein upregulates the tumor suppressor p53, this protein may play an important role in tumorigenesis.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology’s HOXA5 antibody (ARP31447_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at email@example.com.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com
Product Review:HOXA5 antibody-middle region (ARP31447_P050) in Mouse dorsal skin -5d postnatal using IHC
Researcher:Alexander Awgulewitsch, Medical University of South Carolina
Species+tissue/cell type: Mouse dorsal skin -5d postnatal
Primary antibody dilution:1:200
Secondary antibody dilution:1:500
1. Fixation: 5 min with 4% paraformaldehyde (after sectioning)
2. No antigen retrieval
3. We follow the manufacturer’s protocol and use Vector Elite ABC kit for secondary antibody incubation. Staining is accomplished with DAB (Vector kit SK4100)
We were able to obtain with your HOXA5 antibodies directed against the middle region of the protein (ARP31447-P050) by using frozen sections (10 µm) of 5 day postnatal dorsal mouse skin; antibodies were used at a 1:200 dilution. The images were taken on a Zeiss Axiovert with Nomarski optics at 10x and 20x magnifications using a horseradish peroxidase detection system.