- Description of Target:
- OAS1 is a member of the 2-5A synthetase family, essential proteins involved in the innate immune response to viral infection. It is induced by interferons and uses adenosine triphosphate in 2'-specific nucleotidyl transfer reactions to synthesize 2',5'-oligoadenylates (2-5As). These molecules activate latent RNase L, which results in viral RNA degradation and the inhibition of viral replication. Mutations in this gene have been associated with host susceptibility to viral infection.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- 2'-5'-oligoadenylate synthetase 1, 40/46kDa
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- IFI-4; OIAS; OIASI
- Sample Type Confirmation:
OAS1 is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HEK293T, MCF7
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express OAS1.
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- 2'-5'-oligoadenylate synthase 1
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- IHC, WB
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- OAS1 antibody - C-terminal region (ARP30587_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human: 100%
- Species Reactivity:
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-OAS1 antibody- ARP30587_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: EAWLNYPCFKNWDGSPVSSWILLAESNSADDETDDPRRYQKYGYIGTHEY
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-OAS1 antibody is Catalog # AAP30587
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Anti-OAS1 ARP30587_P050 has recently been referenced in the following publications:
Li, Q. & Tainsky, M. A. Higher miRNA tolerance in immortal Li-Fraumeni fibroblasts with abrogated interferon signaling pathway. Cancer Res. 71, 255–65 (2011). WB, IHC, Human 21199806
Product page for OAS1 antibody (ARP30587)
The information below lists the predicted species and target name associated to the peptide antigen. Please note, all available target reference numbers to the antigen sequence are presented, including unreviewed and protein isoforms.
To search for antibodies by species, please visit Aviva’s Species Reactivity Page. To search Aviva’s catalog of antibodies by sequence, please visit Aviva’s Antibody Blast Tool.
|Predicted Species & Target||Target Reference||Predicted Homology|
|Human OAS1 antibody; Homo sapiens OAS1 antibody||P00973||100%|
|Human OAS1 antibody; Homo sapiens OAS1 antibody||C6EMZ7||100%|
|Lowland gorilla OAS1 antibody; Gorilla gorilla gorilla OAS1 antibody||G3SFB1||100%|
|Pygmy chimpanzee OAS1 antibody; Pan paniscus OAS1 antibody||B6RC74||100%|
|Pygmy chimpanzee OAS1 antibody; Pan paniscus OAS1 antibody||B6RC68||100%|
|western gorilla OAS1 antibody; Gorilla gorilla OAS1 antibody||A0MVT8||100%|