- Description of Target:
- SEMA4B is a single-pass type I membrane protein. It belongs to the semaphorin family. SEMA4B contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain, 1 PSI domain and 1 Sema domain. It inhibits axonal extension by providing local signals to specify territories inaccessible for growing axons.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), transmembrane domain (TM) and short cytoplasmic domain, (semaphorin) 4B
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- KIAA1745; MGC131831; SEMAC; SemC
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express SEMA4B.
- Protein Accession# :
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- The immunogen for anti-SEMA4B antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal of human SEMA4B
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- SEMA4B antibody - N-terminal region (ARP49485_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 100%; Guinea pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Bovine: 85%
- Species Reactivity:
- Bovine, Dog, Guinea pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-SEMA4B antibody- ARP49485_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: KGRCPFDPNFKSTALVVDGELYTGTVSSFQGNDPAISRSQSLRPTKTESS
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-SEMA4B antibody is Catalog # AAP49485 (Previous Catalog # AAPS25108)
- Key Reference:
- Olsen,J.V., (2006) Cell 127 (3), 635-648
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 ul of distilled water. Final anti-SEMA4B antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer with 2% sucrose. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this SEMA4B antibody (ARP49485_P050)
Click here to view the SEMA4B antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: SEMA4B antibody (ARP49485_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-SEMA4B Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
Positive Control: Fetal Brain
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: SEMA4B is a single-pass type I membrane protein. It belongs to the semaphorin family. SEMA4B contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain, 1 PSI domain and 1 Sema domain. It inhibits axonal extension by providing local signals to specify territories inaccessible for growing axons.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s SEMA4B antibody (ARP49485_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Review: SEMA4B antibody - N-terminal region (ARP49485_P050) in human pancreatic carcinoma cell line MIA-PACA2 cells using Western Blot
Researcher: Dr. Tianliang Sun, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research
Application: Western blotting
Species+tissue/cell type: MIA-PACA2 cells
How many ug’s of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel:
1. Untransfected MIA-PACA2 cell lysate
2. SEMA4B transfected MIA-PACA2 cell lysate
Primary antibody dilution: 1:600
Secondary antibody: Anti-rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:3000
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
WB for overexpression system.
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
4 degree C.
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
How was this sample prepared?
Transfection control siRNA or sema4B siRNA to cells, after 48 hours lysate the cell for WB. 6well plate full of cells, add 200 ul RIPA buffer per well, 4 degree 20 min rotation then centrifuge 10min at maxi rmp. Pick the supernatant and boiled 5min with lamili.
Primary antibody dilution and incubation time:
1:600, 4 degree overnight.
Secondary antibody used and dilution and incubation time:
1:3000, RT 2 hours.
What controls were used in your experiment (positive/negative)?
Another sema4B antibody as ctrl, siRNA knockdown.
Please include your detailed WB Procedure/Protocol here:
Samples are load on 8% SDS PAGE gel, 40ul per well.
150v for 1.5 hours.
Transfer the gel to membrane (10%methal) at 400mA ,2hours.
Block with 5% milk in TBST 1hour at RT.
Incubate with antibody diluted in block buffer at 4 degree overnight.
Wash 3 time with TBST , 15min each.
2nd antibody dilute in block buffer at RT for 2 hours.
Wash 3 times with TBST; 15 min each.
Develop with ECL in dark room.