- Description of Target:
- Pax8 is thought to encode a transcription factor. It may have a role in kidney cell differentiation. It may play a regulatory role in mammalian development.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Paired box gene 8
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express Pax8.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express Pax8.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Name:
- Paired box protein Pax-8
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- WB, IHC
- Protein Interactions:
- Jade1; Nkx2-1;
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-Pax8 (ARP34180_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 100%; Dog: 100%; Guinea Pig: 93%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-Pax8 (ARP34180_P050) antibody
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: PPFNAFPHAASVYGQFTGQALLSGREMVGPTLPGYPPHIPTSGQGSYASS
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-Pax8 (ARP34180_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP34180 (Previous Catalog # AAPP05442)
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this PAX8 antibody.
Product Datasheet Link: PAX8 antibody ARP34180_P050
Rabbit Anti-PAX8 Antibody
Catalog Number: ARP34180_P050
Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Thyroid Tissue
Observed Staining: Nucleus in follicular cells
Primary Antibody Concentration: N/A
Other Working Concentrations: 1:600
Secondary Antibody: Donkey anti-Rabbit-Cy3
Secondary Antibody Concentration: 1:200
Exposure Time: 0.5 - 2.0 sec
Left to right:
DAPI, PAX8 Ab, Merge
Control Antibody: Normal Rabbit IgG
Control Antibody Concentration: 1:100
Left to right:
DAPI, Rabbit IgG, Merge
1. Normal adult human thyroid tissue was formalin fixed, embedded in paraffin wax, sectioned at 6 micron thickness and put on histological slides.
2. After deparaffinization and rehydration, the low pH, heat-induced antigen retrieval method utilizing Sodium Citrate buffer was performed.
3. The blocking buffer was 5% normal goat serum.
4. Primary antibodies was diluted in antibody dilution buffer (1% Normal Donkey Serum) to the final testing dilution (1:100, 1:600, 1:1200).
5. The appropriate anti-rabbit fluorescent-conjugated (Rhodamine:red or FITC:green) secondary antibody was applied and nuclei will be counterstained with DAPI (blue).
6. A Negative control utilized a nonspecific rabbit IgG staining the same normal adult human thyroid tissue.