Aviva Systems Biology office will be closed on Memorial Day - 5/27/2013.
Please go here for more info.
- Description of Target:
- RECOMBINANT HUMAN M-CSF
- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- MCSF; MGC31930; CSF1
- Protein Accession# :
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- 36.8kD (159 amino acid homodimer)
- Product Format:
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- M-CSF (Macrophage colony-stimulating factor) is a potent lineage restricted haematopoietic growth factor and member of the CSF family of hormone-like glycoproteins, which plays a key role in the regulation of cellular differentiation, proliferation, and the survival of blood monocytes, tissue macrophages and their progenitor cells.
Along with sRANKL/CD254/OPGL, M-CSF is essential for osteoclastogenesis, acting through the tyrosine kinase receptor c-fms (colony stimulating factor 1 receptor), and facilitates haematopoietic recovery following bone marrow transplantation.
- Applications Info:
- ELISA: 0.2 - 0.4ng/well
Western Blotting: 1.5 - 3.0ng/lane
Functional Assays: 1.0 - 10.0ng/ml
- Additional Information:
- Activity: The ED50, determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of M-NSF-60 cells, was <= 1 ng/ml corresponding to a specific activity of >= 1 x 106 units/mg.
Approx Protein Conc: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Endotoxin Level: < 1EU/ug
- Label Protein Molar Ratio: Purified recombinant M-CSF expressed in E.coli
Preservative: None present
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
Prior to reconstitution store at +4C.
After reconstitution store at -20C.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing
and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend
microcentrifugation before use.
Shelf Life: 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- Datasheets / Downloads: