- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Glutathione peroxidase 4
- Protein Name:
- Phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase, mitochondrial
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- MCSP, PHGPx, snGPx, snPHGPx
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-115819 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Glutathione peroxidase catalyzes the reduction of hydrogen peroxide, organic hydroperoxide, and lipid peroxides by reduced glutathione and functions in the protection of cells against oxidative damage. Human plasma glutathione peroxidase has been shown to be a selenium-containing enzyme and the UGA codon is translated into a selenocysteine. Through alternative splicing and transcription initiation, rat produces proteins that localize to the nucleus, mitochondrion, and cytoplasm. In humans, experimental evidence for alternative splicing exists; alternative transcription initiation and the cleavage sites of the mitochondrial and nuclear transit peptides need to be experimentally verified.Glutathione peroxidase catalyzes the reduction of hydrogen peroxide, organic hydroperoxide, and lipid peroxides by reduced glutathione and functions in the protection of cells against oxidative damage. Human plasma glutathione peroxidase has been shown to be a selenium-containing enzyme and the UGA codon is translated into a selenocysteine. Through alternative splicing and transcription initiation, rat produces proteins that localize to the nucleus, mitochondrion, and cytoplasm. In humans, experimental evidence for alternative splicing exists; alternative transcription initiation and the cleavage sites of the mitochondrial and nuclear transit peptides need to be experimentally verified.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Affinity Purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GPX4.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GPX4.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human GPX4
- Species Reactivity:
- Cow, Goat, Guinea Pig, Human, Mouse, Rat, Yeast, Zebrafish
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Cow: 86%; Goat: 86%; Guinea Pig: 86%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 86%; Rat: 86%; Yeast: 93%; Zebrafish: 86%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-GPX4 (ARP58473_P050)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: QUGKTEVNYTQLVDLHARYAECGLRILAFPCNQFGKQEPGSNEEIKEFAA
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; PRDX6; MAPK13; OTUD5;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-GPX4 (ARP58473_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP58473 (Previous Catalog # AAPP34569)
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-GPX4 (ARP58473_P050) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
GPX4 is supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in HepG2
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Human Testis (formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded) stained with GPX4 antibody ARP58473_P050 at 2.5 ug/ml followed by biotinylated anti-goat IgG secondary antibody LS-D3, alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
IHC Information: Heart
- Target Reference:
- Peters,U., (2008) Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 17 (5), 1144-1154
Product Review: GPX4 antibody – middle region (ARP58473_P050) in rat dorsal medulla brain using western blot
Researcher: Manisha Nautiyal, Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Application: Western blotting
Species+tissue/cell type: Rat dorsal medulla brain
How many ug’s of tissue/cell lysate run on the gel: 1. 40ug rat dorsal medulla brain extract
Primary antibody dilution: 1:2000
Secondary antibody: Anti-Rabbit HRP
Secondary antibody dilution: 1:5000
How do Aviva’s reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
To determine oxidative stress status in our animal models.
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5 (5=best) and why?
5- clean band at expected MW.
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
Sample Description (please include 1) species type, and 2) cell/tissue type, and 3) how much protein loaded for each lane of your gel):
Rat brain: lane #1 is dorsal medulla tissue extract (40 ug) .
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you preparing it?
Lane # 1: homogenize brain dorsal medulla in 20mM potassium phosphate buffer, pH 7.0 with 1mM EGTA and Sigma protease cocktail inhibitor; and prepare samples in Laemmli buffer for WB.
Primary used and dilution:
1: 2000 in 5% milk-TBST (0.05% Tween) for overnight at 4 degrees.
Secondary used and dilution:
1: 5000 anti-Rabbit HRP in 5% milk-TBST for 2 hrs at room temperature.
"Gels: (cat#161-1155, BioRad) Ready Gel Tris-HCl Gel, 10% resolving gel, 4% stacking gel, 10-well, 50 ul,
Running buffer: BioRad cat # 161-0732 : 1X Tris/Glycine/SDS: run gels for 70 min at 120 V
Transfer buffer: BioRad cat # 161-0734 : 1X Tris/Glycine with 20% methanol: Transfer for 1 hr at 100V
Blocking buffer: 5% milk in TBS-Tween (0.05%) for 1 hr at room temperature
Primary antibody: overnight at 4 degrees
Wash 3 times with TBST for 10 min per wash
Secondary antibody: 2 hrs room temperature
Wash 3 times wiht TBST for 10 min per wash
Develop bands with chemiluminescent substrate (Pierce: SuperSignal West Pico Chemiluminescent Substrate)"
What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your positive control:
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
In water, at -80 degrees.