- Description of Target:
- NEUROG1 contains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain. It appears to mediate neuronal differentiation.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Neurogenin 1
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- AKA; Math4C; NEUROD3; ngn1; bHLHa6
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express NEUROG1.
- Protein Accession# :
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- WB, IHC
- Partner Proteins:
- CREBBP, GATA4, MAPK14, YWHAQ, YWHAZ, CREBBP, YWHAZ
- The immunogen for anti-NEUROG1 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal of human NEUROG1
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- NEUROG1 antibody - C-terminal region (ARP32038_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human: 100%; Pig: 100%; Bovine: 92%; Guinea pig: 92%; Rabbit: 78%
- Species Reactivity:
- Bovine, Guinea pig, Human, Pig, Rabbit
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-NEUROG1 antibody- ARP32038_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: ASDAESWGSGAAAASPLSDPSSPAASEDFTYRPGDPVFSFPSLPKDLLHT
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-NEUROG1 antibody is Catalog # AAP32038 (Previous Catalog # AAPP02940)
- Key Reference:
- Fanous,A.H., (2007) Am. J. Med. Genet. B Neuropsychiatr. Genet. 144 (2), 207-214
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 ul of distilled water. Final anti-NEUROG1 antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer with 2% sucrose. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Customer Reviews for NEUROG1 Antibody (ARP32038_P050) tested with fixed mouse cochlea in Immunohistochemistry
University of Iowa
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
Here we tested the Neurog1 ARP32038 antibody for immunofluorescence.
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample?
Same application @ different dilutions (2).
What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you
We used 4% PFA perfusion fixed mouse cochlea cryosectioned to 50 micrometers.
What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your
A negative control (in which no ab was added to solution) was used. We also check and compare the auto fluorescence with true labeling.
For IHC, what antigen retrieval method did you use?
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
aliquoted @ -20 degrees Celsius
Note: All tissues are perfusion fixed with 4% PFA followed by at least one overnight incubation in 4% PFA. Free floating sections should be used whenever possible to ensure complete penetration of the antibody(s).
50Âµm cryosections of P1 mouse cochlea were used here. (free floating)
1. Defat tissue in 70% Ethanol for 1 hr.
2. Rehydrate by incrementally adding PBS.
3. Block tissue for 1 hr in 2.5% NGS and 0.5% Triton X-100 @ RT on shaker.
4. Wash with 1-2 quick PBS changes.
5. Incubate in primary antibody(s) at proper dilution (Aviva Neurog1 ARP32038: 1:500) and block solution 24 hrs @ 4ËšC on shaker.
6. Wash 1hr PBS x 3. (Be sure to include at least three washes as it reduces background.)
7. Block as in step 3.
8. Incubate in secondary antibody(s) (Rabbit AlexaFluor633; Invitrogen) 1:500 and block solution for 12-24hrs @ 4ËšC on shaker.
9. Wash as in step 6. Option: counter stain with Hoechst nuclear stain as first washâ€”dilute 10mg/ml stock 1:2000 in PBS. Wash 1 hr. in PBS 3x @ RT on shaker. Mount and view.
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5? Why?
3-4; better than others tested.
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Have you used another antibody which has worked in your application?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data? Why or why not?
Positive results thus far warrant further testing. We plan to section brain next for further confirmation.
"This acquired image is superior to other Neurog1 antibodies we've tested."
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this NEUROG1 antibody (ARP32038_P050)
Click here to view the NEUROG1 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: NEUROG1 antibody (ARP32038_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-NEUROG1 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:62500
Positive Control: Placenta
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: NEUROG1 contains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain. It appears to mediate neuronal differentiation.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s NEUROG1 antibody (ARP32038_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org