- Description of Target:
- FN1 is a glycoprotein present in a soluble dimeric form in plasma, and in a dimeric or multimeric form at the cell surface and in extracellular matrix. Fibronectin is involved in cell adhesion and migration processes including embryogenesis, wound healing
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Fibronectin 1
- Alias Symbols:
- CIG; DKFZp686F10164; DKFZp686H0342; DKFZp686I1370; DKFZp686O13149; FINC; FN; LETS; MSF; FNZ; ED-B; GFND; GFND2
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express FN1.
- Protein Accession# :
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Partner Proteins:
- VHL, ADAMTS4, AMBP, APCS, C1QA, COL13A1, COL1A1, COL1A2, COL2A1, COL4A1, COL4A2, COL4A3, COL4A4, COL4A5, COL4A6, COL6A2, COL7A1, COMP, CRP, CTSD, CXCL12, DCN, F13A1, FASLG, FBLN1, FBLN2, FST, FSTL3, GALNT6, GSN, HGF, IGFBP3, IGFBP5, ITGA3, ITGA4, ITGA5, ITGA8, ITGB1, ITGB3, ITGB6, ITGB7, KLK3, LA
- The immunogen for anti-FN1 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal of human FN1
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- FN1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP41489_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Bovine: 100%; Guinea pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Pig: 100%; Chicken: 92%; Mouse: 92%; Rat: 92%; African clawed frog: 91%; Zebrafish: 91%
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-FN1 antibody- ARP41489_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: GNALVCTCYGGSRGFNCESKPEAEETCFDKYTGNTYRVGDTYERPKDSMI
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-FN1 antibody is Catalog # AAP41489 (Previous Catalog # AAPS09411)
- Key Reference:
- Ramani,V.C. (2008) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 369 (4), 1169-1173
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 μl of distilled water. Final anti-FN1 antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer. For longer periods of storage, store at -20°C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this FN1 antibody (ARP41489_P050)
Click here to view the FN1 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: FN1 antibody (ARP41489_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-FN1 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:62500
Positive Control: Fetal Thymus
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: FN1 is a glycoprotein present in a soluble dimeric form in plasma, and in a dimeric or multimeric form at the cell surface and in extracellular matrix. Fibronectin is involved in cell adhesion and migration processes including embryogenesis, wound healing
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s FN1 antibody (ARP41489_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Review: FN1 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP41489_P050) in the detection of articular cartilage secretome by Western Blot
Product Page for FN1 antibody N-terminal region (ARP41489_p050)
Data Provided by Adam Williams and Ali Mobasheri, University of Nottingham
How would you rate this antibody on a scale from 1-5? (5=best?) Why?
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Do you believe the information about the reagent on Aviva’s website is correct?
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments or to publish your data?* Why or why not?
How do Aviva’s reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
The antibodies from Aviva will help our studies on the cartilage secretome
|Sample Description: Articular cartilage secretome|
|Species, Tissue/Cell Type: Equine cartilage explants|
|How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample? 1|
|What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you prepare it? Cartilage extract secretome (15 µg)|
|Please include dilutions of the primary and secondary reagents. Primary: Aviva. Secondary: Bio-Rad|
|Experimental Procedures / Protocols:
Standard denaturing SDS-PAGE followed by electroblotting onto PVDF and fluorescence imaging.
Primary: 1 in 1000 dilution
Secondary: Bio-Rad 170-5046 – 1 in 100,000 dilution
Detection with Ampliflu Red Western Blot Kit (Sigma
Clutterbuck AL, Smith JR, Allaway D, Harris P, Liddell S, Mobasheri A. High throughput proteomic analysis of the secretome in an explant model of articular cartilage inflammation. J Proteomics. 2011 May 1;74(5):704-15.
Clutterbuck AL, Mobasheri A, Shakibaei M, Allaway D, Harris P. Interleukin-1beta-induced extracellular matrix degradation and glycosaminoglycan release is inhibited by curcumin in an explant model of cartilage inflammation. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009 Aug;1171:428-35.