- Description of Target:
- Focal adhesions are actin-rich structures that enable cells to adhere to the extracellular matrix and at which protein complexes involved in signal transduction assemble. Zyxin is a zinc-binding phosphoprotein that concentrates at focal adhesions and along the actin cytoskeleton. Zyxin may function as a messenger in the signal transduction pathway that mediates adhesion-stimulated changes in gene expression and may modulate the cytoskeletal organization of actin bundles.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Alias Symbols:
- ESP-2; HED-2
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express ZYX.
- Protein Accession# :
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Partner Proteins:
- ACTN1, ATXN1, BSPRY, ENAH, HIPK3, LASP1, LATS1, NEBL, NEDD9, RPH3AL, TES, VASP, VAV1, VAV3, ZNF384, ACTN1, BCAR1, ENAH, LASP1, LATS1, NEBL, NEDD9, TES, VASP, ZHX1
- The immunogen for anti-ZYX antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human ZYX
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Protein A purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- ZYX antibody - middle region (ARP34387_T100)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Dog: 92%; Guinea pig: 92%; Pig: 92%; Rabbit: 92%; Bovine: 84%; Mouse: 84%; Rat: 84%
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-ZYX antibody- ARP34387_T100
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: GSPQPPSFTYAQQREKPRVQEKQHPVPPPAQNQNQVRSPGAPGPLTLKEV
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-ZYX antibody is Catalog # AAP34387 (Previous Catalog # AAPY00229)
- Key Reference:
- Li,B., et al., (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279 (19), 20401-20410
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 100 μl of distilled water. Final anti-ZYX antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer. For longer periods of storage, store at -20°C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this ZYX antibody (ARP34387_T100)
Click here to view the ZYX antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: ZYX antibody (ARP34387_T100)
WB Suggested Anti-ZYX Antibody Titration: 1.25ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:62500
Positive Control: Jurkat
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: Focal adhesions are actin-rich structures that enable cells to adhere to the extracellular matrix and at which protein complexes involved in signal transduction assemble. Zyxin is a zinc-binding phosphoprotein that concentrates at focal adhesions and along the actin cytoskeleton. Zyxin may function as a messenger in the signal transduction pathway that mediates adhesion-stimulated changes in gene expression and may modulate the cytoskeletal organization of actin bundles.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s ZYX antibody (ARP34387_T100) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Review: ZYX antibody - middle region (ARP34387_T100) in the detection of whole cell lysates for Western blot
Product Page: ZYX antibody- middle region(ARP34387_T100)
Data provided by Dr. Chang, MIT/Koch Institute
Specific band at correct molecular weight when used at 1:200 for 1 hour on western of whole cell lysate
Product Review: ZYX antibody - middle region (ARP34387_T100) using HeLa whole cell lysate in Western Blots
Product Page Link: ZYX antibody - middle region (ARP34387_T100)
Data provided by: Dr. Chang, MIT
Summary: Zyxin antibody specific band at correct molecular weight when used at 1:200 for 1 hour on WB of whole cell lysate.
What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you prepare it? Cell extracts from control HeLa and HeLas transfected with GFP fusions to protein HeLa transfected with GFP fusions to proteins cells grown on coverslips
What applications did you test the antibody in? Please include dilutions of the primary and secondary reagents. Immunoblot - 1 to 500, secondary at 1 to 5000
What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your positive control. Untransfected cells to detect endogenous HeLa cells transfected with GFP fusion to protein targeted by Ab for positive control.
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension? -20 long term, 4oC short term
Please provide the protocol for your application procedure. Please be as detailed as possible. Immunoblot - nitrocellulose membrane was blocked with 4% milk, 0.1% milk