- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Cellular tumor antigen p53
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- P53, LFS1, TRP53, FLJ92943, TP53
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-126 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- Tumor protein p53 responds to diverse cellular stresses to regulate target genes that induce cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, senescence, DNA repair, or changes in metabolism. p53 protein is expressed at low level in normal cells and at a high level in a variety of transformed cell lines, where it's believed to contribute to transformation and malignancy. p53 is a DNA-binding protein containing transcription activation, DNA-binding, and oligomerization domains. It is postulated to bind to a p53-binding site and activate expression of downstream genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion, and thus function as a tumor suppressor. Mutants of p53 that frequently occur in a number of different human cancers fail to bind the consensus DNA binding site, and hence cause the loss of tumor suppressor activity. Alterations of this gene occur not only as somatic mutations in human malignancies, but also as germline mutations in some cancer-prone families with Li-Fraumeni syndrome
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- CHIP, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express TP53.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express TP53.
- Species Reactivity:
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-TP53 (AMM00023) antibody
- Sample Type Confirmation:
TP53 is strongly supported by BioGPS gene expression data to be expressed in DU145
- Mouse IgG
- Target Reference:
- Khanna,K.K., et al., Nat. Genet. 20 (4), 398-400 (1998)
Customer Reviews for TP53 Antibody (AMM00023) tested with U20S, PLKO cells in Chromatin Immunoprecipitation
University of Leicester
U20S (p53+) cells were treated with 0.5 uM Doxorubicin for 14 hrs to induce DNA damage and hence activate p53. In parallel, PLKO cells (U2OS cells with stable shRNA-mediated knockdown of p53) were treated similarly and were used as negative control. Thedata for p21 promoter were normalised to actin (control for non-specific binding of DNA to the antibodies).
Product Page Link: TP53 Antibody (AMM00023)
Data provided by: Dr. Barlev, University of Leicester
Figure 1. Binding of p53-specific antibodies to the p21 promoter. U20S (p53+) cells were treated with 0.5 uM Doxorubicin for 14 hrs to induce DNA damage and hence activate p53. In parallel, PLKO cells (U2OS cells with stable shRNA-mediated knockdown of p53) were treated similarly and were used as negative control. Thedata for p21 promoter were normalised to actin (control for non-specific binding of DNA to the antibodies).
Data Provided by Dr. Andrei Gartel, University of Illinois at Chicago
DU145 cells were lysed in IP lysis buffer: 20 mM HEPES, 1% Triton X-100, 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA, 1 mM EGTA, 100 mM NaF, 10 mM Na4P2O7, 1 mM Na3VO4, 0.2 mM PMSF
Amount of Protein per well: 30 ug
Primary antibody conditions: 1:2000 in 5% milk/TBST buffer, overnight at 4°C
Secondary antibody conditions: 1 to 5000 in 5% milk/TBST buffer, 1 hour at room temperature