- Description of Target:
- KLF2 belongs to the krueppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family. It contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers. KLF2 binds to the CACCC box in the beta-globin gene promoter and activates transcription.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Kruppel-like factor 2 (lung)
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express KLF2.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express KLF2.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Protein Name:
- Krueppel-like factor 2
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- CHIP, IHC, WB
- Protein Interactions:
- KAT2B; EP300; CREBBP; FBXW7; UBC; GSK3B; ELAVL1; SMURF1; WWP1; GATA5; GATA6; WEE1;
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human KLF2
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-KLF2 (ARP32760_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Guinea Pig: 93%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 93%; Pig: 100%; Rat: 93%; Zebrafish: 79%
- Species Reactivity:
- Guinea Pig; Human; Mouse; Pig; Rat; Zebrafish
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-KLF2 (ARP32760_P050) antibody
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: PPAFGLFDDAAAAAAALGLAPPAARGLLTPPASPLELLEAKPKRGRRSWP
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-KLF2 (ARP32760_P050) antibody is Catalog # AAP32760 (Previous Catalog # AAPP03775)
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Brain, cerebellum
IHC Information: Colon, myenteric plexus
IHC Information: Lung
- Target Reference:
- Saavedra,M.T., (2008) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 38 (6), 679-688
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Yamada, T., Park, C. S., Mamonkin, M. & Lacorazza, H. D. Transcription factor ELF4 controls the proliferation and homing of CD8+ T cells via the Krüppel-like factors KLF4 and KLF2. Nat. Immunol. 10, 618-26 (2009). WB, Pig, Human, Guinea pig, Mouse, Rat, Zebrafish 19412182
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this KLF2 antibody (ARP32760_P050)
Click here to view the KLF2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: KLF2 antibody (ARP32760_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-KLF2 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:312500
Positive Control: 721_B
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: KLF2 belongs to the krueppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family. It contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers. KLF2 binds to the CACCC box in the beta-globin gene promoter and activates transcription.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s KLF2 antibody (ARP32760_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Review: KLF2 antibody - middle region (ARP32760_P050) in macrophage cell line J774A.1 using Western Blot
Product Page Link: KLF2 antibody - middle region (ARP32760_P050)
Data Provided by Robyn Pilcher-Roberts, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
How do Aviva's reagents play a role in your experimental goals?
Level of protein expression check
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the antibody sample? 3
What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you prepare it?
Mouse lung, liver and spleen
What were your antibody dilutions?
Primary: KLF2 antibody at 1:000
Secondary: Fluorescent Goat Anti-Rabbit at 1:5000
What controls were used in your experiment? Postive control was NIH373 cell lysate
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension? Aliquotted @ -20C
12% SDS-PAGE gel, approximately 12cm, ran @ 150V. Transfer @ 4C 100V for 3hrs. Block for 2hrs in TBS/.05% Tween/5% milk or 5% BSA, primary ON @ 4C and quick block again for 10minutes. Secondary for 1hr. @ room temperature. Visualize with LiCor Imager.
Do you plan tto use this antibody in future experiments or to publish your data? Yes, in process of now resubmitting a mansuscript which will include a western
Product Reviews: KLF2 antibody - middle region (ARP32760_P050) in HCT116 using Chromatin Immunoprecipitation
The product page for Aviva’s KLF2 antibody - middle region (ARP32760_P050) can be found here.
Quiescent human colon carcinoma HCT116 cultures were treated with 10% FBS for three time points (0, 15, 30min) or (0, 30, 60min) were used in Matrix-ChIP and real-time PCR assays at EGR1 gene (Exon1) and 15kb upstream site.
Matrix-ChIP utilizes sheared chromatin. Capture antibodies are surface-immobilized via blocked, Protein A coated 96-well plates. Blocking buffer consists of 5% BSA and 100ug/mL sheared salmon sperm DNA in immunoprecipitation (IP) buffer. After washing, sheared chromatin samples are added and the plates are floated in an ultrasonic water bath (Bronson 8510) to accelerate protein-antibody binding. Wells are then washed and DNA eluted with Tris base (pH 9.8) and stored (4C) in the same Matrix ChIP plates for repeated use. Plates are sealed with adhesive film to prevent evaporation and can be stored/re-sealed for months for repeated qPCR.
Real-time PCR is performed with 2X SYBR Green PCR master mix, eluted DNA template and primers in a 2-4uL final volume in a 384-well Optical Reaction Plate. Amplification (three steps, 40 cycles), data acquisition and analysis were run in qudriplicate for each PCR reaction.
-Amount of chromatin input equivalent to 200-500ng DNA (100uL at 2-5ng/uL)
-Amount of antibody used: 0.5ug
-Fold molar excess of blocking peptide: 100
-Antibody:Blocking peptide incubation time: 30min at RT
-Antibody:chromatin incubation time: 60min at 4C in ultrasonic water bath (Branson 8510)
-ChIP assays done in duplicate
-All time points are in minutes
Microplate-based chromatin immunoprecipitation method, Matrix-ChIP: a platform to study signaling of complex genomic events.
Flanagin S, Nelson JD, Castner DG, Denisenko O, Bomsztyk K.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2008 Feb;36(3)
Microplate-based platform for combined chromatin and DNA methylation immunoprecipitation assays.
Yu J, Feng Q, Ruan Y, Komers R, Kiviat N, Bomsztyk K.
BMC Mol Biol. 2011 Nov 18;12:49.