- Description of Target:
- RAT ANTI HUMAN INTERLEUKIN-6
- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- HGF; HSF; BSF2; IL-6; IFNB2; IL6
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express IL6.
- Protein Accession# :
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, FC, WB
- The immunogen for anti-IL6 antibody: cOS-7-expressed recombinant human IL-6
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-IL6 antibody- OASA04740
- Applications Info:
- ELISA : This product may be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA together with OASA04742 as the detection reagent.
Flow Cytometry: Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Species Reactivity:
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Borate buffered saline
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Product Protocol: IL6 antibody used to evaluate caspase activity is required for stimulated b lymphocytes to enter the cell cycle (OASA04740)
Product Page: IL6 antibody (OASA04740)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA04740 Capture OASA04742 Detection
Experiment Type: Cytokine assays
B cells were stimulated. Then supernatants were removed at 24 h, and the concentrations of IL-6, IL-10, and IL-1 were determined by immunoassays. Matched pairs of Abs were as follows: IL-10, JES3-19F1 (capture) and JES3-6B11 (detection); IL-6, MQ2-13A5 (capture) and MQ2-39C3 (detection; BD PharMingen); and IL-1β, 508A7G8 and 508A4A2 (capture) and 508A3H12 (detection; BioSource International, Camarillo, CA). IL-6, IL-10, and IL-1β were detected with ExtrAvidin-HRP (1/1000 dilution), followed by 3,3′,5,5′-tetramethylbenzidine substrate (Sigma-Aldrich, St. Louis, MO). Results were expressed as mean concentrations extrapolated from a standard curve prepared with recombinant cytokines (BD Biosciences), for each stimulation condition performed in triplicate. The limit of sensitivity of each assay was 15 pg/ml.
1. Using an ELISA to measure IL-6 and IL-10 production in supernatants, N. Eric et al. found that CD40/CD180 ligation stimulated B cells to produce both IL-10 and IL-6. 2. Neither CD40-mediated IL-6 production nor cellular inhibitor of apoptosis 2 (cIAP2) expression was affected by caspase inhibition, suggesting that caspase activity is required for cell cycle entry, but not cytokine or survival programs.
1: Olson NE, Graves JD, Shu GL, Ryan EJ, Clark EA. Caspase activity is required for stimulated B lymphocytes to enter the cell cycle. J Immunol. 2003 Jun 15;170(12):6065-72. PubMed PMID: 12794135.