- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Interleukin-1 beta
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Replacement Item:
- This antibody may replace item sc-111184 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI BOVINE INTERLEUKIN-1 BETA:Biotin
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express IL1B.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express IL1B.
- The immunogen for anti-IL1B antibody: recombinant bovine IL-1 beta.
- Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid_x000D_
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-IL1B antibody- OASA07074
- IL-1 BETA
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- ELISA : This antibody may be used in a direct ELISA or as a detection antibody in sandwich ELISA assays, in combination with OASA07073 as the capture antibody.
aspx?ProductCode=OPSA10927 ">OPSA10927 may be used as a standard.
- Preparation: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline
- Target Reference:
- 1. Wenz, J.R. et al. (2010) Factors associated with concentrations of select cytokine and acute phase proteins in dairy cows with naturally occurring clinical mastitis. J Dairy Sci. 93: 2458-70.
2. Rinaldi, M. et al (2010) A sentinel function for teat tissues in dairy cows: dominant innate immune response elements define early response to E. coli mastitis. Funct Integr Genomics. 10: 21-38.
Product Protocol: IL1B antibody used to evaluate identification and functional importance of il-1 receptors on rat parietal cells (OASA07074)
Specificity: IL-1 BETA
Product Page: IL1B antibody (OASA07074)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA07073 Capture OASA07074 Detection
Experiment Type: Immunolabeling
Highly enriched parietal cells were grown in primary culture (48 h) on Cell-Tak-coated glass slides. Biotinylated rhIL-1β (2.5 μg/ml, 30 μl/slide; R & D Systems) was applied to the cells (1 h at 4°C). This specific ligand is designed to quantitatively determine the percentage of cells bearing the cytokine receptor within a given population. For visualization, avidin-coupled fluorescein (10 μl/slide; R & D Systems) was applied in the dark (30 min at 4°C). After washing with buffer, cells were immediately visualized under a fluorescence microscope (Axiovert 100 TV, Zeiss, Jena, Germany; magnification, ×40; excitation wavelength, 480 nm). For negative control, biotinylated rhIL-1β was incubated with an 800-fold excess of polyclonal goat IgG anti-human IL-1β antibody (R & D Systems) (15 min at 20°C) before being applied to the cultured cells.
1. Cells were incubated with biotinylated IL-1β, which was visualized subsequently by avidin-coupled fluorescein. Specific staining appeared as granular dots, predominantly at the cell surface. In four experiments, a total of 578 adherent cells were counted, and 548 stained positive, corresponding to the high enrichment of parietal cells. 2. Preincubation of biotinylated IL-1β with a polyclonal goat IgG anti-human IL-1β antibody before application of avidin-coupled fluorescein was performed as negative control and completely prevented positive fluorescent staining of cultured parietal cells (0 positive cells of a total of 531 adherent cells counted in the identical 4 experiments).
1: Schepp W, Dehne K, Herrmuth H, Pfeffer K, Prinz C. Identification and functional importance of IL-1 receptors on rat parietal cells. Am J Physiol. 1998 Nov;275(5 Pt 1):G1094-105. PubMed PMID: 9815040.