- Description of Target:
- RAT ANTI MOUSE IgG1
- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- IgG1; Igh-4; VH7183; Ighg1
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express Ighg1.
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Ig gamma-1 chain C region, membrane-bound form
- Protein Size (# AA):
- The immunogen for anti-Ighg1 antibody: purified mouse IgG1 from BALB/c mice
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-Ighg1 antibody- OASA05589
- Applications Info:
- ELISA : This antibody may be used as a coating antibody in a sandwich ELISA in combination with LO-MG1-2 (OASA05590P) as the detection reagent.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Species Reactivity:
- Additional Information:
- Fusion Partners: Spleen cells from immunised LOU/c rats were fused with cells of the rat IR983F myeloma cell line.
- Preparation: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Key Reference:
- 1. Denis, O. et al. (1993) Resting B cells can act as antigen presenting cells in vivo and induce antibody responses. Int. Immunol. 5: 71-78.
2. Soares, M. et al. (1992) Isotype characterization of rat preformed natural antibodies against guinea pig cells. Transplantation Proceedings 24: 51-452.
Product Protocol: Ighg1 antibody used to evaluate increased b cell proliferation and reduced ig production in dream transgenic mice (OASA05589)
Product Page: Ighg1 antibody (OASA05589)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA05589 Capture OASA05593 Detection
Experiment Type: Ig ELISA
Rat anti-mouse IgG1 (LO-MG1-13), IgG2a (LO-MG2a-9), IgG2b (LO-MG2b-1), IgG3 (LO-MG3-13), IgM (LO-MM-3), or IgE (LO-ME-3) Abs for coating of plates and rat anti-mouse/HRP (LO-MK-1) as secondary detection step were from Serotec. For IgE, the secondary detection step was done with biotin-conjugated rat anti-mouse IgE mAb (BD Pharmingen) and detected by streptavidin–HRP conjugate (Amersham).
1. B cells were stimulated with LPS plus IL-4 for 5 d, and Ig concentration in culture supernatants was assessed by ELISA. Stimulation with LPS alone induces class switch recombination (CSR) and production of IgG2b and IgG3 isotypes in wild-type B cells, whereas activation with LPS together with IL-4 or IFN-γ induces CSR and production of respectively IgG1/IgE and IgG2a. 2. Magali et al. observed that Ig secretion was markedly reduced in culture supernatants from LPS plus IL-4 stimulated transgenic B cells and LPS plus IFN-γ. After LPS stimulation, however, this defect was less pronounced and only significant for IgM.
1: Savignac M, Mellström B, Bébin AG, Oliveros JC, Delpy L, Pinaud E, Naranjo JR. Increased B cell proliferation and reduced Ig production in DREAM transgenic mice. J Immunol. 2010 Dec 15;185(12):7527-36. Epub 2010 Nov 8. PubMed PMID: 21059893.