- Description of Target:
- HIPK2 is a conserved serine/threonine nuclear kinase that interacts with homeodomain transcription factors.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Homeodomain interacting protein kinase 2
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- DKFZp686K02111; FLJ23711; PRO0593
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express HIPK2.
- Protein Accession# :
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 2
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- WB, IHC
- Partner Proteins:
- The immunogen for Anti-HIPK2 antibody is: synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of Human HIPK2
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- HIPK2 Antibody - middle region (ARP32586_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 100%; Guinea pig: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Rat: 100%; Chicken: 92%; Rabbit: 92%; Zebrafish: 86%; Bovine: 85%
- Species Reactivity:
- Bovine, Dog, Guinea pig, Horse, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: MWSLGCVIAELFLGWPLYPGASEYDQIRYISQTQGLPAEYLLSAGTKTTR
- Blocking Peptide:
- Catalog # AAP32586
- Key Reference:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 ul of distilled water. Final anti-HIPK2 antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer with 2% sucrose. For longer periods of storage, store at -20C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Product Protocols: Co-immunoprecipitation and Western Blotting Protocol with HIPK2 Antibody (Catalog Number: ARP32586_P050)
Co-immunoprecipitation and Western Blotting Protocol with Gene Name: HIPK2 Antibody (Catalog Number: ARP32586_P050)
Catalog Number: ARP32586_P050
1. Choi DW, Seo YM, Kim EA, Sung KS, Ahn JW, Park SJ, Lee SR, Choi CY. Ubiquitination and degradation of homeodomain-interacting protein kinase 2 by WD40 repeat/SOCS box protein WSB-1. J Biol Chem. 2008 Feb 22,283(8):4682-9. Epub 2007 Dec 19. PubMed PMID: 18093972.
Product Name: HIPK2 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP32586_P050)
Gene Name: HIPK2
Species: U2OS, RKO, and HEK293 cells
Experiment Name: Co-immunoprecipitation and Western Blotting
1. In this study, Dong et al. showed that WSB-1 is an E3 ubiquitin ligase that specifically targets HIPK2 for degradation via the 26 S proteasome pathway. They determined that WSB-1 promotes the ubiquitination and degradation of HIPK2, a process in which both WD40 repeats and the SOCS box are required for the recognition and degradation of HIPK2. WSB-1-mediated degradation of HIPK2 was blocked in DNA-damaged cells, which provide regulatory mechanisms by which the HIPK2 levels are tightly controlled in cells under normal conditions, and DNA damage stresses overcome the degradation of HIPK2 by WSB-1.
2. The specific interactions between WSB-1 and HIPK2 were verified in the yeast two-hybrid and co-immunoprecipitation assays in cultured cells. GST pull-down analysis showed that WSB-1 interacted physically with HIPK2. The association of endogenous HIPK2 with WSB-1 was also verified via co-immunoprecipitation with anti-HIPK2 antibody followed by Western blotting using anti-WSB-1 antibody.
1. The co-immunoprecipitation of endogenous proteins was performed after the lysis of 2 × 107 cells in high salt lysis buffer (50 mM Hepes, 350 mM NaCl, 10% glycerol, 1% Nonidet P-40, 1 mM EDTA).
2. After incubation on ice for 10 min and centrifugation for 10 min at 4 C, equal volumes of protein were diluted with lysis buffer lacking NaCl (dilution buffer), then incubated overnight with antibody and protein A/G-Sepharose beads at 4 C on a rotating wheel.
3. The beads were washed three times with lysis buffer. The whole cell lysates and immunoprecipitates were separated by SDS-PAGE and transferred onto polyvinylidene difluoride membranes.
4. The membranes were immunoblotted with anti-Myc, anti-HA (Invitrogen), anti-WSB-1 (Abnova, Taiwan), and anti-HIPK2 antibody (Aviva Systems Biology, San Diego, CA).
5. After the priming antibodies were washed, the membranes were incubated with anti-mouse or anti-rabbit secondary antibodies conjugated with horseradish peroxidase (Amersham Biosciences), followed by detection with ECL Western blotting detection solutions (Pierce).
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HIPK2 antibody (ARP32586_P050)
Click here to view the HIPK2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HIPK2 antibody (ARP32586_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-HIPK2 Antibody Titration: 0.06ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:62500
Positive Control: HepG2
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: HIPK2 is a conserved serine/threonine nuclear kinase that interacts with homeodomain transcription factors.HIPK2 is a conserved serine/threonine nuclear kinase that interacts with homeodomain transcription factors.[supplied by OMIM].
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to email@example.com
Aviva Systems Biology’s HIPK2 antibody (ARP32586_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to email@example.com. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this HIPK2 antibody.
Click here to view the HIPK2 antibody Immunohistochemistry (IHC) protocol
Product Datasheet Link: HIPK2 antibody (ARP32586)
Rabbit Anti-HIPK2 Antibody
Catalog Number: ARP32586
Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Heart
Cellular Data: Myocardial cells
Antibody Concentration: 4.0-8.0 ug/ml