- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Glutaryl-CoA dehydrogenase
- Protein Name:
- Glutaryl-CoA dehydrogenase, mitochondrial
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- ACAD5, GCD
- Description of Target:
- GCDH belongs to the acyl-CoA dehydrogenase family. It catalyzes the oxidative decarboxylation of glutaryl-CoA to crotonyl-CoA and CO(2) in the degradative pathway of L-lysine, L-hydroxylysine, and L-tryptophan metabolism. It uses electron transfer flavoprotein as its electron acceptor. The enzyme exists in the mitochondrial matrix as a homotetramer of 45-kD subunits.The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the acyl-CoA dehydrogenase family. It catalyzes the oxidative decarboxylation of glutaryl-CoA to crotonyl-CoA and CO(2) in the degradative pathway of L-lysine, L-hydroxylysine, and L-tryptophan metabolism. It uses electron transfer flavoprotein as its electron acceptor. The enzyme exists in the mitochondrial matrix as a homotetramer of 45-kD subunits. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified.
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- Protein A purified
- IHC, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express GCDH.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express GCDH.
- The immunogen is a synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human GCDH
- Species Reactivity:
- Dog, Horse, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Dog: 100%; Horse: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%; Rat: 100%; Zebrafish: 100%
- Complete computational species homology data:
- Anti-GCDH (ARP43559_T100)
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: IARQARDMLGGNGISDEYHVIRHAMNLEAVNTYEGTHDIHALILGRAITG
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Protein Interactions:
- UBC; FBXO6; ADRB2; RNF32; EXOC6; ECSIT; MAST1; CDC37; PSEN2; PSEN1; NOS3; APOE; A2M; UBD; MYC; GCDH;
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-GCDH (ARP43559_T100) antibody is Catalog # AAP43559 (Previous Catalog # AAPP25004)
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for anti-GCDH (ARP43559_T100) antibody
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: HepG2 cell lysate. Antibody concentration: 2.5 ug/ml. Gel concentration: 12%.
- Target Reference:
- Kimura,K., (2006) Genome Res. 16 (1), 55-65
Hu, Z. et al. Quantitative liver-specific protein fingerprint in blood: a signature for hepatotoxicity. Theranostics 4, 215-28 (2014). WB, Human, Rat, Dog, Horse, Rabbit, Pig, Mouse, Zebrafish 24465277
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this GCDH antibody.
Click here to view the GCDH antibody Immunohistochemistry (IHC) protocol
Product Datasheet Link: GCDH antibody (ARP43559)
Rabbit Anti-GCDH Antibody
Catalog Number: ARP43559
Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Muscle
Cellular Data: Skeletal muscle cells
Antibody Concentration: 4.0-8.0 ug/ml