- Description of Target:
- GOAT ANTI HUMAN DEFENSIN BETA 2
- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- SAP1; DEFB2; DEFB4; HBD-2; DEFB-2; DEFB4B; DEFB102; DEFB4A
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express DEFB4A.
- Protein Accession# :
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Beta-defensin 4A
- Protein Size (# AA):
- DEFENSIN BETA 2
- ELISA, WB
- The immunogen for anti-DEFB4A antibody: recombinant human Defensin beta 2.
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Polyclonal IgG
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Species Reactivity:
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-DEFB4A antibody- OASA06135
- Applications Info:
- ELISA: 0.5ug/ml
Western Blotting: 0.1 - 0.2ug/ml
- Preparation: Antisera to human Defensin beta 2 were raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
Preservative Stabilisers: None present
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Key Reference:
- 1. Bals, R. et al. (1998) Human β-Defensin 2 is a salt-sensitive peptide antibiotic expressed in human lung. J. Clin. Invest. 102: 874-880.
2. Harder, J. et al. (2000) Mucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosa, TNF-α, and IL-1β, but not IL-6, induce human β-Defensin-2 in respiratory epithelia.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water
For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
Storage: Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Product Protocol: DEFB4A antibody used to evaluate elevated levels of human beta-defensin 2 and human neutrophil peptides in systemic lupus erythematosus (OASA06135)
Specificity: DEFENSIN BETA 2
Product Page: DEFB4A antibody (OASA06135)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA06135 Capture OASA06136 Detection
Experiment Type: ELISA
Human HNP1–3 ELISA Test Kit (Hycult biotechnology, Uden, The Netherlands) was applied for measurement of HNPs according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serum was diluted 1:2000 in the appropriate buffer and transferred in duplicate samples to microtitre plates for incubation procedures. Serum levels of hBD2 and 3 were measured by human b-Defensin 2 and 3 ELISA Kit (Phoenix Pharmaceuticals, Burlingame, California, USA) according to manufacturer‘s instructions. Serum was diluted 1:100 in dilution buffer for hBD2 and used undiluted for hBD3 assay. Duplicate determination was carried out. Absorbance was measured at 450nm using the Anthos 2001 ELISA reader (anthos Mikrosysteme, Krefeld, Germany).
1. In order to analyse the expression of hBD2, ELISA measurements were carried out in serum samples of SLE patients and healthy controls. hBD2 Levels were compared with healthy controls and within the group of SLE patients with respect to different clinical conditions. Protein levels of hBD2 in SLE sera were elevated when compared with controls. 2. hBD2 exhibited some correlation with anti-dsDNA antibody titres, the SLEDAI, and inverse to erythrocyte count. In addition, high values of serum hBD2 were found in patients with transverse myelitis.
1: Vordenbäumen S, Fischer-Betz R, Timm D, Sander O, Chehab G, Richter J, Bleck E, Schneider M. Elevated levels of human beta-defensin 2 and human neutrophil peptides in systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2010 Dec;19(14):1648-53. Epub 2010 Aug 19. PubMed PMID: 20724351.