- Official Gene Full Name:
- C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 8
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- 3-10C, AMCF-I, b-ENAP, CXCL8, C-X-C motif chemokine 8, Emoctakin, GCP1, GCP-1, Granulocyte chemotactic protein 1, IL-8, Interleukin-8, K60, LECT, LUCT, LYNAP, MDNCF, MONAP, Monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide, Monocyte-derived neutrophil chemot
- Description of Target:
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the CXC chemokine family. This chemokine is one of the major mediators of the inflammatory response. This chemokine is secreted by several cell types. It functions as a chemoattractant, and is also a potent angiogenic factor. This gene is believed to play a role in the pathogenesis of bronchiolitis, a common respiratory tract disease caused by viral infection. This gene and other ten members of the CXC chemokine gene family form a chemokine gene cluster in a region mapped to chromosome 4q.
- Protein Name:
- Species Reactivity:
- Sample Type:
- cell culture, supernates, serum, and plasma
- 4 pg/ml
- Kit Reproducibility:
- The coefficient of variation of both intra-assay and inter-assay were less than 10%.
- Kit Component:
|2 vials human IL-8 Standard lyophilized, 2000 pg/ml upon reconstitution|
|2 vials concentrated Biotin-Conjugate anti-human IL-8 polyclonal antibody|
|2 vials Streptavidin-HRP solution|
|1 bottle Standard /sample Diluent|
|1 bottle Biotin-Conjugate antibody Diluent |
|1 bottle Streptavidin-HRP Diluent |
|1 bottle Wash Buffer Concentrate 20x (PBS with 1% Tween-20)|
|1 vial Substrate Solution |
|1 vial Stop Solution|
|2 vials mouse IL-6 Standard lyophilized, 2000 pg/ml upon reconstitution|
|2 vials concentrated Biotin-Conjugate anti-mouse IL-6 antibody|
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express CXCL8.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express CXCL8.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- This assay recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-2. The factors listed below were prepared at 100ng/ml in Standard /sample Diluent and assayed for cross-reactivity and no significant cross-reactivity or interference was observed.
Recombinant human: IL-2 sRa, IL-2 Ra, IL-2 Rg, IL-3, IL-4, IL-6, IL-7, TGF-b2, TNF-a, TNF-b
Recombinant mouse: IL-2, IL-1, IL-2, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6 ,
Other proteins: bovine FGF acidic, bovine FGF basic, human PDGF, porcine PDGF, human TGF-b1, porcine TGF-b1