- Description of Target:
- RAT ANTI HUMAN GM-CSF
- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- GMCSF; MGC131935; MGC138897; CSF2
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express CSF2.
- Protein Accession# :
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Is specific for human Granulocyte Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor (GM-CSF), a cytokine that stimulates the growth and differentiation of hematopoietic precursor cells.
- ELISA, IP, WB
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-CSF2 antibody- OASA04706
- Applications Info:
- ELISA : This product may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with OASA04708 as the detection antibody?.
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Species Reactivity:
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Borate buffered saline
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Product Protocol: CSF2 antibody used to evaluate the effect of segmental bronchoprovocation with allergen on airway lymphocyte function (OASA04706)
Product Page: CSF2 antibody (OASA04706)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA04706 Capture OASA04708 Detection
Experiment Type: Cytokine ELISAs
A sensitive two-step sandwich-type enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) was established to measure cytokines in culture supernatant fluids. ELISA plates (Easy Wash, Catalogue No. 25805-96; Corning, Costar Corp., Cambridge, MA) were coated overnight with a predetermined optimal concentration of purified monoclonal anticytokine antibody. Nonspecific binding sites on the plate were blocked with 10% dialyzed newborn calf serum. BALFs were concentrated by 20× with a low-protein-binding concentrator (Centriprep; Amicon, Beverly, MA) with a molecular-weight cutoff limit of 3 kDa. Cell-culture supernatant fluids were diluted to optimal concentrations. Test samples were incubated on antibody-coated plates for 2 h, and cytokines were detected with biotinylated anticytokine antibodies followed by addition of a streptavidin polymer (POLY-HRP-40; Research Diagnostics Inc., Flanders, NJ). A one-component substrate, 3,3′,5,5′-tetramethylbenzidine (TMB) (Kirkegaard and Perry Laboratories, Inc., Gaithersburg, MD), was used for color development, and the reaction was stopped by addition of 0.18 M sulfuric acid. Optical density (O.D.) at 450 nm was determined with a Dynatech MR5000 microplate reader, and data were analyzed with Biolink Software (Dynatech Laboratories, Inc., Chantilly, VA). The concentration of cytokines in supernatant fluids was calculated by comparison with a standard curve generated with known amounts of recombinant human cytokines. The sensitivity for each cytokine assay was < 3 pg/ml.
1. Spontaneous secretion of cytokines from PBMC or BAL cells was not detectable. Following ex vivo stimulation with PHA, PBMC secreted IL-2, IL-4, IL-5, IL-10, GM-CSF, and IFN-γ. The cytokine profile did not change following allergen SBP. Airway cells obtained immediately after saline-SBP secreted large amounts of IFN-γ and IL-2, with little or no IL-4, IL-5, IL-10, or GM-CSF. 2. However, the amount of IL-4 and GM-CSF produced by ex vivo-stimulated BAL cells was smaller than that of IL-5, and in some subjects, IL-4 and/or GM-CSF could not be detected in the supernatant of stimulated BAL cells.
1: Kelly EA, Rodriguez RR, Busse WW, Jarjour NN. The effect of segmental bronchoprovocation with allergen on airway lymphocyte function. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1997 Nov;156(5):1421-8. PubMed PMID: 9372655.