- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI MOUSE MCP-2
- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- HC14; Mcp2; MCP-2; Scya8; AB023418; 1810063B20Rik; Ccl8
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express Ccl8.
- Protein Accession# :
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- C-C motif chemokine 8
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB
- The immunogen for anti-Ccl8 antibody: recombinant mouse MCP-2
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Polyclonal IgG
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Species Reactivity:
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-Ccl8 antibody- OASA08455
- Applications Info:
- ELISA : This antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA or as a capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with This product B as the detection antibody.
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antiserum to mouse MCP-2 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.2
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For l
Product Protocol: Ccl8 antibody used to evaluate cytokine and chemokine transcription profile during mycoplasma pulmonis infection in susceptible and resistant strains of mice: macrophage inflammatory protein 1beta (ccl4) and monocyte chemoattractant protein 2 (ccl8) and accumulation of ccr5+ th cells (OASA08455)
Product Page: Ccl8 antibody (OASA08455)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA08455 Capture OASA08456 Detection
Experiment Type: Immunofluorescence staining
Tissue sections mounted on SuperFrost glass slides were fixed in acetone for 5 min, rinsed with PBS, and blocked by 10% fetal bovine serum in PBS. Biotinylated goat anti-mouse MIP-1β (CCL4) or MCP-2 (CCL8) antibody (R&D Systems, Minneapolis, MN) was coincubated with Alexa Fluor 488-conjugated rat anti-mouse CD4 antibody (Invitrogen/Caltag Laboratories, Carlsbad, CA) on tissue, followed by incubation with anti-biotin Alexa Flour 594 secondary antibody (Invitrogen/Molecular Probes, Carlsbad, CA). An isotype control antibody to confirm specificity of chemokine stain was used to stain lungs as a control. The images were observed under an AX70 Olympus fluorescence microscope and captured by using a DP70 digital camera (Olympus, Center Valley, PA).
1. BALB/c mice were infected with M. pulmonis and, 14 days later, frozen sections from lung lobes were prepared and stained with anti-MIP-1β (CCL4) or anti-MCP-2 (CCL8) antibodies, plus anti-CD4 fluorescence-labeled antibodies. MIP-1β (CCL4)+ cells, as well as MCP2 (CCL8)+ cells, were found in the lungs of infected mice and were grouped around areas of clusters of CD4+ T cells. Lung sections stained with isotype control antibodies did not show a reaction (not shown). 2. In addition, there was little staining of lungs sections from uninfected mice (not shown). Thus, there is a clear association of CCL4 and CCL8 production and the accumulation of Th cells.
1: Sun X, Jones HP, Hodge LM, Simecka JW. Cytokine and chemokine transcription profile during Mycoplasma pulmonis infection in susceptible and resistant strains of mice: macrophage inflammatory protein 1beta (CCL4) and monocyte chemoattractant protein 2 (CCL8) and accumulation of CCR5+ Th cells. Infect Immun. 2006 Oct;74(10):5943-54. PubMed PMID: 16988274; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1594906.