- Gene Symbol:
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Protein Name:
- Bone morphogenetic protein 7
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Accession #:
- Alias Symbols:
- OP-1, BMP7
- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI HUMAN BMP-7
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by DNA array analysis to express BMP7.
- RNA Seq:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported by RNA-seq analysis to express BMP7.
- The immunogen for anti-BMP7 antibody: recombinant human BMP-7
- Species Reactivity:
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - liquid_x000D_
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-BMP7 antibody- OASA07474
- Polyclonal IgG
- Application Info:
- This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Preservative Stabilisers: 0.09% - Sodium Azide
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to human BMP-7 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Target Reference:
- 1. Balemans, W. and Van Hul, W. (2002) Extracellular regulation of BMP signaling in vertebrates: a cocktail of modulators. Dev. Biol. 250: 231-250.
2. Sebald, W. et al. (2004) Molecular recognition in bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)/receptor interaction. Biol. Chem. 385: 697-710.
3. Wang, Shi-Nong et al. (2001) Loss of tubular bone morphogenetic protein-7 in diabetic nephropathy. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 12: 2392-2399.
4. Godin, R.E. et al. (1998) Regulation of BMP7 expression during kidney development. Development 125: 3473-3482.
5. Trousse, F. et al. (2001) BMP4 mediates apoptotic cell death in the developing chick eye. J. Neuroscience 21: 1292-1301.
Product Protocol: BMP7 antibody used to evaluate bone morphogenetic protein 7 in the development and treatment of bone metastases from breast cancer (OASA07474)
Product Page: BMP7 antibody (OASA07474)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA07474 Capture OASA07476 Detection
Experiment Type: ELISA for human BMP7, Histomorphometry, histochemistry, and immunohistochemistry
1. ELISA for human BMP7: Levels of BMP7 in conditioned medium were measured with a commercially available specific ELISA kit using sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique (R&D Systems). Cells were routinely cultured for 4 days.
2. Histomorphometry, histochemistry, and immunohistochemistry: After orthotopic tumors and bone metastasis were fixed in 3.7% paraformaldehyde (pH 6.8) in PBS and processed, they were submitted to Goldner staining, staining for tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAcP), H&E staining, or immunohistochemical staining. Histomorphometric measurements of tumor burden were done on central sections through the tumor (largest tumor area). Tumor growth in bone could be readily identified by pancytokeratin staining alone or in combination with H&E staining. Total tumor areas, as an estimate of total tumor burden, was measured by image analysis using NIH Image 1.62b7 image analyses software. Subsequently, a distinction was made between the total tumor burden and the intraosseous and extraosseous tumor burden. The following rabbit polyclonal antibodies were used at a concentration of 10 μg/mL: α-human pancytokeratin (DAKO), α-human vimentin (ab7783), α-human BMP7 (2854ab, directed against prodomain of BMP7, obtained from Dr. Vukicevic), α-phosphorylated Smad1 (PS1), and normal rabbit IgG (Jackson ImmunoResearch) antibodies as negative control. Goat α-rabbit IgG (DAKO) was used as secondary antibody. For antigen retrieval, slides were treated for 10 min at 37°C with 5 μg/mL proteinase K (Invitrogen). To quantify PS1 and TRAcP staining, three histological sections per mouse (n = 8) were acquired using a color CCD camera mounted on a Nikon Eclipse 610 microscope at a 20-fold magnification. Subsequently, the number of cells that stained positive was scored single blind by two investigators (G.v.d.P. and P.G.M.v.O.).
BMP7 staining on patient material was done similarly, except that 5% normal goat serum (Jackson ImmunoResearch)/0.5% Boehringer Milk Powder (Boehringer Mannheim)/TTBS was used instead of 0.5% Boehringer Milk Powder/TTBS for incubation and first antibody dilution, and 0.01 mol/L citrate buffer (pH 6.0; 7 min at 98°C) was used as antigen retrieval step.
1. As detected with ELISA, overexpression of BMP7 in MDA-231 cells [MDA-231-BO2-Frt11(BMP7)/Luc+] resulted in substantial secretion of BMP7 protein in the medium, 6.55 ng BMP7 protein/106 cells/d. In contrast, BMP7 protein was not detectable in the control cell line [MDA-231-BO2-Frt11(GFP)/Luc+], <0.03 ng BMP7 protein/106 cells/d. Overexpression of BMP7 protein in tumor cells was also detected in histological sections in bone metastasis from MDA-231 cells overexpressing BMP7 [MDA-231-BO2-Frt11(BMP7)/Luc+], but not in the GFP control cell line. 2. Tumor growth in mice receiving 10 μg/kg/d BMP7 was not significantly different from vehicle-treated animals, whereas 100 μg/kg/d BMP7 strongly and significantly inhibited tumor progression. This result was confirmed by histomorphometric analysis of total tumor burden (P = 0.049).
1: Buijs JT, Henriquez NV, van Overveld PG, van der Horst G, Que I, Schwaninger R, Rentsch C, Ten Dijke P, Cleton-Jansen AM, Driouch K, Lidereau R, Bachelier R, Vukicevic S, Clézardin P, Papapoulos SE, Cecchini MG, Löwik CW, van der Pluijm G. Bone morphogenetic protein 7 in the development and treatment of bone metastases from breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2007 Sep 15;67(18):8742-51. PubMed PMID: 17875715.