- Description of Target:
- Chylomicron remnants and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) remnants are rapidly removed from the circulation by receptor-mediated endocytosis in the liver. Apolipoprotein E, a main apoprotein of the chylomicron, binds to a specific receptor on liver cells and peripheral cells. ApoE is essential for the normal catabolism of triglyceride-rich lipoprotein constituents. Defects in apolipoprotein E result in familial dysbetalipoproteinemia, or type III hyperlipoproteinemia (HLP III), in which increased plasma cholesterol and triglycerides are the consequence of impaired clearance of chylomicron and VLDL remnants.Chylomicron remnants and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) remnants are rapidly removed from the circulation by receptor-mediated endocytosis in the liver. Apolipoprotein E, a main apoprotein of the chylomicron, binds to a specific receptor on liver cells and peripheral cells. ApoE is essential for the normal catabolism of triglyceride-rich lipoprotein constituents. The APOE gene is mapped to chromosome 19 in a cluster with APOC1 and APOC2. Defects in apolipoprotein E result in familial dysbetalipoproteinemia, or type III hyperlipoproteinemia (HLP III), in which increased plasma cholesterol and triglycerides are the consequence of impaired clearance of chylomicron and VLDL remnants. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Apolipoprotein E
- NCBI Gene Id:
- Alias Symbols:
- AD2; MGC1571; apoprotein; LPG; LDLCQ5
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express APOE.
- Protein Accession #:
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Name:
- Apolipoprotein E
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- IHC, WB
- Protein Interactions:
- LCAT; ARFGAP1; ALB; C19orf52; LOXL4; PRAM1; MID1IP1; ANKH; FBXL12; FXYD7; ECSIT; PDCD4; IFIT5; MAST1; EPN2; PLEKHA6; CDC37; IQSEC1; LONP1; TYRO3; PRDX2; ST13; RPL4; RHEB; PSEN1; HTRA1; PCMT1; ZNF558; NOS3; IFIT3; GCDH; FOXG1; FARSA; ELAVL1; CYP2C18; CYP2C
- The immunogen for anti-APOE antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal of human APOE
- Product Format:
- Liquid. Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- Batch dependent within range: 100 ul at 0.5 - 1 mg/ml
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- APOE antibody - N-terminal region (ARP54283_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Human: 100%
- Species Reactivity:
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-APOE antibody- ARP54283_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: KVLWAALLVTFLAGCQAKVEQAVETEPEPELRQQTEWQSGQRWELALGRF
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-APOE antibody is Catalog # AAP54283 (Previous Catalog # AAPP31032)
- Additional Information:
- IHC Information: Human Adrenal: Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE)
IHC Information: Human Kidney: Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (FFPE)
- Target Reference:
- Ho,R.C., (2008) Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16 (6), 519-522
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- For short term use, store at 2-8C up to 1 week. For long term storage, store at -20C in small aliquots to prevent freeze-thaw cycles.
Rohn, T. T., Catlin, L. W., Coonse, K. G. & Habig, J. W. Identification of an amino-terminal fragment of apolipoprotein E4 that localizes to neurofibrillary tangles of the Alzheimer’s disease brain. Brain Res. 1475, 106-15 (2012). WB, IHC, ICC/IF, Human 22902767
Rohn, T. T., Day, R. J., Sheffield, C. B., Rajic, A. J. & Poon, W. W. Apolipoprotein E pathology in vascular dementia. Int. J. Clin. Exp. Pathol. 7, 938-47 (2014). ICC/IF, Human 24696712
Customer Reviews for APOE Antibody (ARP54283_P050) tested with rat brain tissue in Immunohistochemistry
Thomas Van Groen PhD
University of Alabama
Date: 17 Oct 2005
PRETREATMENTS WITH CITRATE SOLUTION
FOR WATER BATH
1) Fill water bath with warm water, set it for 85oC.
2) Put square glass jar (filled with the citrate solution) on a rack in the water bath, so it gets heated to the appropriate temperature, i.e., 85oC.
3) Put a tissue rack with the to be treated tissue in the water bath for 30 minutes.
4) Take it out and let it cool down in either citrate or phosphate buffer.
1) Put plastic tray filled with some water (about 3 cm high) in microwave.
2) Put glass tray with citrate buffer, with rack (new rack) with sections in glass tray.
3) Heat for 3 min at 440 Watt setting.
4) Let it cool down (20 min) and rinse in buffer.
0.05 M NaCitrate solution; add 14.7 g of NaCitrate-2 hydrate to 1 liter of dH2O,
NOTE: adjust pH. to pH 6.0
1. Pretreat tissue in hot citrate solution (see protocol).
2. Use small (4 x 6) tray; rinse tissue 3 X 5 min each in TBS-T (Tris Buffered Saline + 0.5% Triton; pH 7.6). Approximately 20 ml/tray.
3. Put in primary antibody (mouse anti-APP at 1:5000; Chemicon) for 18 h at room temperature (20 C) in TBS-T on a shaker table in the dark.
Mouse anti-APP at 1:5000
2 ml antibody in 10 ml TBS-T
4. Rinse 3 X (5 min each) in TBS-T; approximately 20 ml.
5. Put in secondary antibody (Goat anti-mouse*biotin at 1:400; Sigma) for 2 h.
Goat anti-mouse*biotin at 1:400
25 ml antibody in 10 ml TBS-T
6. Rinse 3 X in TBS-T (5 min each); approximately 20 ml.
7. Put in ExtrAvidinÂ® (at 1:1000) for 2 h.
ExtrAvidinÂ® at 1:1000
10 ml antibody in 10 ml TBS-T
8. Rinse 3 X in TBS-T (5 min each); approximately 20 ml.
9. Put in metal-intensified DAB for approximately 3 min.
-20 ml 0.05 M Tris Buffer pH 7.6
-5 mg DAB
-1 ml of a saturated Ni ammonium sulfate solution
-15 ml 30 % H2O2
10. Rinse excess DAB out with Naphosphate buffer, mount tissue.
NOTE: Filter solution before use. Anything that DAB comes in contact with should be neutralized with a diluted bleach solution. DAB is a SUSPECTED CARCINOGEN; you should/can use gloves and particle mask.
TRIS BUFFERED SALINE + TRITON 0.5 M at pH 7.6
To make 2 liters:
Trizma HCl 12.12 g
Trizma Base 2.78 g
NaCl 58.4 g
Triton 5 ml
Product page for APOE antibody (ARP54283)
The information below lists the predicted species and target name associated to the peptide antigen. Please note, all available target reference numbers to the antigen sequence are presented, including unreviewed and protein isoforms.
To search for antibodies by species, please visit Aviva’s Species Reactivity Page. To search Aviva’s catalog of antibodies by sequence, please visit Aviva’s Antibody Blast Tool.
|Predicted Species & Target||Target Reference||Predicted Homology|
|Bornean orangutan APOE antibody; Pongo pygmaeus APOE antibody||Q9GLM7||92%|
|Chimpanzee APOE antibody; Pan troglodytes APOE antibody||Q9GJU3||85%|
|Common gibbon APOE antibody; Hylobates lar APOE antibody||Q9GLM6||85%|
|Crab-eating macaque APOE antibody; Macaca fascicularis APOE antibody||P10517||78%|
|Human APOE antibody; Homo sapiens APOE antibody||P02649||100%|
|Human APOE antibody; Homo sapiens APOE antibody||Q6LA97||100%|
|Human APOE antibody; Homo sapiens APOE antibody||H0Y7L5||100%|
|Human APOE antibody; Homo sapiens APOE antibody||E9PEV4||100%|
|Human APOE antibody; Homo sapiens APOE antibody||E7ERP7||100%|
|Human HMGA1 antibody; Homo sapiens HMGA1 antibody||Q6ZP45||100%|
|Lowland gorilla APOE antibody; Gorilla gorilla gorilla APOE antibody||Q9GLM8||85%|
|Lowland gorilla APOE antibody; Gorilla gorilla gorilla APOE antibody||G3QU41||85%|
|Northern white-cheeked gibbon APOE antibody; Nomascus leucogenys APOE antibody||G1QMD1||85%|
|Rhesus macaque Mmu.3035 antibody; Macaca mulatta Mmu.3035 antibody||F7BSJ1||78%|
Product Review: APOE antibody - N-terminal region (ARP54283_P050) using Human brain cell homogenates in Western Blot
Product Page Link: APOE antibody - N-terminal region (ARP54283_P050)
Data provided by Dr. Martin Sadowski of the New York University School of Medicine
"We have done a couple of WB using your polyclonal antibody sample. It detects recombinant human APO E3 and E4 with great sensitivity and they are amazingly clean (i.e. do not produce non-specific staining on WB of brain and cell homogenates).
Sample type: Human brain cell homogenates
Primary Antibody Dilution: 1:000
Secondary Antibody Dilution: 1:2000
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this APOE antibody.
Product Datasheet Link: APOE antibody ARP54283_P050
Rabbit Anti-APOE Antibody
Catalog Number: ARP54283_P050
Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Liver Tissue
Observed Staining: Cytoplasm and membrane of hepatocytes
Primary Antibody Concentration: 1/600
Other Working Concentrations: 1/100
Secondary Antibody: Donkey anti-Rabbit-Cy3
Secondary Antibody Concentration: 1:200
Exposure Time: 0.5 – 2.0 sec
Left to right:
DAPI, APOE Ab, Merge
Control Antibody: Normal Rabbit IgG
Control Antibody Concentration: 1:100
Left to right:
DAPI, Rabbit IgG, Merge
1. Normal adult Human Liver Tissue was formalin fixed, embedded in paraffin wax, sectioned at 6 micron thickness and put on histological slides.
2. After deparaffinization and rehydration, the low pH, heat-induced antigen retrieval method utilizing Sodium Citrate buffer was performed.
3. The blocking buffer was 5% normal goat serum.
4. Primary antibodies was diluted in antibody dilution buffer (1% Normal Donkey Serum) to the final testing dilution (1:100, 1:600, 1:1200).
5. The appropriate anti-rabbit fluorescent-conjugated (Rhodamine:red or FITC:green) secondary antibody was applied and nuclei will be counterstained with DAPI (blue).
6. A Negative control utilized a nonspecific rabbit IgG staining the same normal adult Human Liver Tissue.