- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI HUMAN INTERLEUKIN-2
- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- IL-2; TCGF; lymphokine; IL2
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express IL2.
- Protein Accession# :
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- ELISA, WB
- The immunogen for anti-IL2 antibody: recombinant human IL-2 (PHP042A)
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Polyclonal IgG
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-IL2 antibody- OASA07877
- Applications Info:
- ELISA : This product may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with This product B as the detection antibody and OPSA10945A as the standard.
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antisera to human IL-2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution.
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.4
- Protocol Information:
- Citation: 1: Morikawa K, Oseko F, Morikawa S, Iwamoto K. Immunomodulatory effects of three macrolides, midecamycin acetate, josamycin, and clarithromycin, on humanT-lymphocyte function in vitro. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1994 Nov;38(11):2643-7. PubMed PMID: 7532933; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC188255.
Experiment Name: Assessment of IL-2 activity in culture supernatants.
Experiment Background: Effect of macrolides on IL-2 production.
Experimental Steps: 1. IL-2 concentration in culture supernatant was determined with commercial enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kits (Oxford, England). 2. IL-2 content was calculated with a standard curve derived by linear dilution of the cytokine standards supplied with the respective kits. 3. The minimal sensitivity of IL-2 determination in this assay is 67 µg/ml.
Other Reagents Used: 2-aminoethylisothiouronium bromide
Number Of Protocols: 1
- Key Reference:
- 1. Fujita, T. et al. (1983) Structure of the human Interleukin 2 gene. P.N.A.S. 80: 7437-7441.
2. Nelson, B.H. (2004) IL-2, regulatory T cells, and tolerance. J. Immunol. 172: 3983-3988.
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For l
Product Protocol: IL2 antibody used to evaluate dominance of activated t cells and interleukin-6 in aqueous humor in vogt-koyanagi-harada disease (OASA07877)
Product Page: IL2 antibody (OASA07877)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA07877 Capture OASA07879 Detection
Experiment Type: Assay for ELISA/IL-2 was measured by a sandwich ELISA assay
Sera from the patients and the controls were separated from clotted whole blood by centrifugation at 3,000 rpm for 10 minutes. Sera and supernates of AH and
CSF were stored at —80°C until assayed for lyrnphokines. Kazumi et al.e used commercial double-sandwich ELISA test, kits to quantify IL-2 (Otsuka, Tokyo, Japan) and IL-6 (Toray-Fuji Bionics, Tokyo, Japan). Because of the limited amount of AH, it was diluted two to five times for measurement by ELISA. Before the assay, the MAb-coated 96 well microplates were washed three times with Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (—) containing 0.05% Tween 20. Two hundred jul of the samples or the diluted standards were put into each well and allowed to react overnight at 37°C. After washing three times, 100 ul of rabbit anti-human IL-2 polyclonal antibody was added and allowed to react for 2 hours at room temperature. After washing once again, 100 ul of horseradish peroxidase- conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody was added. After incubation, 100 ul of substrate solution (1 mg/ml o-phenylenediamine) was added. The reaction was terminated by adding 100 ul of 1.0 N H2SO4. The final absorbance was measured at 490 nm using an ELISA autoreader (TOSO, Tokyo, Japan). The lowest detectable concentration of 1L-2 is 10 pg/ml.
A significant level of IL-2 is defined as more than 50 pg/ml. No significant level of IL-2 was detected in the sera, AH, and CSF from the patients with VKH or the controls (data not shown).
1: Norose K, Yano A, Wang XC, Tokushima T, Umihira J, Seki A, Nohara M, Segawa K. Dominance of activated T cells and interleukin-6 in aqueous humor in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1994 Jan;35(1):33-9. PubMed PMID: 8300361.