- Description of Target:
- RABBIT ANTI HUMAN DEFENSIN BETA 3
- Gene Symbol:
- Alias Symbols:
- BD-3; HBD3; HBP3; DEFB3; HBP-3; hBD-3; DEFB-3; DEFB103; DEFB103A
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express DEFB103A.
- Protein Accession# :
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- DEFENSIN BETA 3
- ELISA, WB
- The immunogen for anti-DEFB103A antibody: recombinant human defensin beta 3
- Product Format:
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Polyclonal IgG
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-DEFB103A antibody- OASA07684
- Applications Info:
- ELISA : This antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA or as a capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with This product B as the detection antibody.
- Preservative Stabilisers: None present
Antiserum Preparation: Antiserum to human defensin beta 3 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Approx Protein Conc: IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
Buffer Solutions: Phosphate buffered saline pH7.2
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Reconstitution: Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Aviva Systems Biology recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For l
Product Protocol: DEFB103A antibody used to evaluate elevated levels of human beta-defensin 2 and human neutrophil peptides in systemic lupus erythematosus (OASA07684)
Specificity: DEFENSIN BETA 3
Product Page: DEFB103A antibody (OASA07684)
Antibody Pair Available: OASA07684 Capture OASA07685 Detection
Experiment Type: ELISA
Human HNP1–3 ELISA Test Kit (Hycult biotechnology, Uden, The Netherlands) was applied for measurement of HNPs according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serum was diluted 1:2000 in the appropriate buffer and transferred in duplicate samples to microtitre plates for incubation procedures. Serum levels of hBD2 and 3 were measured by human b-Defensin 2 and 3 ELISA Kit (Phoenix Pharmaceuticals, Burlingame, California, USA) according to manufacturer‘s instructions. Serum was diluted 1:100 in dilution buffer for hBD2 and used undiluted for hBD3 assay. Duplicate determination was carried out. Absorbance was measured at 450nm using the Anthos 2001 ELISA reader (anthos Mikrosysteme, Krefeld, Germany).
Serum measurements of hBD3 were not associated with any of the parameters recorded and did not statistically differ from the control group in SLE patients. The specific mRNA was not detectable in PMNs.
1: Vordenbäumen S, Fischer-Betz R, Timm D, Sander O, Chehab G, Richter J, Bleck E, Schneider M. Elevated levels of human beta-defensin 2 and human neutrophil peptides in systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus. 2010 Dec;19(14):1648-53. Epub 2010 Aug 19. PubMed PMID: 20724351.