- Description of Target:
- ASTN2 may play an important role in neuronal functioning.
- Gene Symbol:
- Official Gene Full Name:
- Astrotactin 2
- Alias Symbols:
- KIAA0634; bA67K19.1
- Tissue Tool:
- Find tissues and cell lines supported to express ASTN2.
- Protein Accession# :
- Nucleotide Accession#:
- Swissprot Id:
- Protein Size (# AA):
- Molecular Weight:
- WB, ICC
- The immunogen for anti-ASTN2 antibody: synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal of human ASTN2
- Product Format:
- Lyophilized powder
- Affinity Purified
- Complete computational species homology data:
- ASTN2 antibody - N-terminal region (ARP46963_P050)
- Predicted Homology Based on Immunogen Sequence:
- Guinea pig: 100%; Human: 100%; Mouse: 100%; Pig: 100%; Rabbit: 100%
- Datasheets / Downloads:
- Printable datasheet for
anti-ASTN2 antibody- ARP46963_P050
- Peptide Sequence:
- Synthetic peptide located within the following region: LLFVRNELPGRIAVQDDLDNTELPFFTLEMSGTAADISLVHWRQQWLENG
- Blocking Peptide:
- For anti-ASTN2 antibody is Catalog # AAP46963 (Previous Catalog # AAPP27761)
- Key Reference:
- Reconstitution and Storage:
- Add 50 μl of distilled water. Final anti-ASTN2 antibody concentration is 1 mg/ml in PBS buffer. For longer periods of storage, store at -20°C. Avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
Customer Reviews for ASTN2 Antibody (ARP46963_P050) tested with mouse cerebellar granule cells in Immunofluorescence
How many different experimental trials were conducted using the
2 immunos, 1 WB
What type of experimental sample are you using and how did you
Human fibroblasts, mouse cerebellar granule cells
What applications did you test the antibody in? Please include
dilutions of the primary and secondary reagents.
WB: did not appear to work
ICC: 1:100 dilution. Alexa 495-conjugated anti Rabbit used as secondary
What controls were used in your experiment? Please include your
Positive control: MC7 cells that express Astn2, negative control: no antibody
For IHC, what antigen retrieval method did you use?
none, used 0.05% Triton in the block, and primary incubations
How did you store the antibody after re-suspension?
Please provide the protocol for your application procedure. Please
be as detailed as possible.
1-Block: 5% normal goat serum, 0.05% Triton in PBS 2-Primary incubation: 1:100 for 1 hr at RT
3-2x5 min PBS washes
4-Secondary incubation: 1:300 for 1 hr at RT
5-3x5 min PBS washes
6-mounted with antifade medium
Would you use this antibody in future experiments?
Please explain any problems you had with the antibody and/or
experimental results that Aviva can address in the future.
It does not detect the band at ~115 kDa for Astn2, which I am able to detect with our own home-made antibody.
If the antibody works, do you plan to use it in future experiments
or to publish your data? Why or why not?
Yes if I can verify that it binds to Astn2 specifically
Aviva Systems Biology is the original manufacturer of this ASTN2 antibody (ARP46963_P050)
Click here to view the ASTN2 antibody Western Blot Protocol
Product Datasheet Link: ASTN2 antibody (ARP46963_P050)
WB Suggested Anti-ASTN2 Antibody Titration: 0.2-1 ug/ml
ELISA Titer: 1:62500
Positive Control: Fetal Liver
Western Blot image:
Description of Target: ASTN2 may play an important role in neuronal functioning.
Questions pertaining to this data can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aviva Systems Biology’s ASTN2 antibody (ARP46963_P050) has been tested using other cell lysates and tissues. To obtain more data about this antibody please email us at email@example.com.
To order by phone call us at (888) 880-0001, fax us at (858) 552-6975 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Aviva manufactures this antibody so we can offer the best price. Please contact us to request pricing information.
All of Aviva’s products are guaranteed for the applications and experimental sample types mentioned in the datasheet below. Are you curious if this product will work for you? Please contact us at email@example.com